Vote for Mr C (not for diputado)

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
One of my husband's photos has been selected for the finals of an international competition about migration and frontiers.

He is one of two Dominican photographers on the shortlist of 20 but his is the only photo of the Haiti-DR border - La Masacre se pasa a pie - bottom left-hand side photo on the first page.

PREMIADOS | CONCURSO FOTOGR?FICO: MIGRACIONES INTERNACIONALES Y FRONTERAS

If you would like to vote for his photo or for any of the others (fair's fair) you have to register. Voting continues until November 20th.

Thanks!

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
Ilana, thanks! This is a really nice picture. But how do I register? I would like to vote. It does not seem to be obvious how to get to the registration page from the site.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Go to Cuenta de usuario | CONCURSO FOTOGR?FICO: MIGRACIONES INTERNACIONALES Y FRONTERAS

Some additional information. This is actually for the popular vote which is separate from the jury panel selection. According to the site this should have already been announced (Nov 13th) although it has not yet been published as far as we can see.

The photo that wins the popular online vote gets an honorary mention and the voters will take part in a raffle for the prize of a camera.

The result of the popular vote, which continues till the 20th or 22nd, will be published on Nov 26th.

Thanks for your support!

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
Done. Hope he wins :)

What kind of camera if this is something you can share? As you know, I am big into photography and I have turned into a complete camera geek lol

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
So I registered, clicked on the 5 stars below Pedro's pic but...........how do I send my vote? Sorry to appear dense but having been offline for 3 days I haven't got time to read the fine print right now, so an easy answer for us non-nerdy types would be appreciated. Many thanks.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Glad I'm not the only one. I signed up, looking at Pedro's fotos but can't figure out where to vote. I clicked on some stars, is that it?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
That appears to be it - once the stars change colour your vote is registered. Thanks for voting!

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
El Tigre said:
What kind of camera if this is something you can share? As you know, I am big into photography and I have turned into a complete camera geek lol
It was taken before he switched to Canon, with a Nikon D1H, 200mm lens F5.6, 1/1600.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
how big are the photos in real life- i cant actually tell what it is at the size it shows on the computer

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
If you click on the thumbnail you get a clearer and larger image. The original file is much bigger though.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
That appears to be it - once the stars change colour your vote is registered. Thanks for voting!

Are you sure? So far the stars have changed colour 6 times for me and that's without having to rinse & repeat (clear cache & vote again) or re-register using one of my other email addresses. If the changing of stars' colours is the indicator of voting, then they appear to change colour every time you click and the site lets you click and click and click so...........has it actually been registered?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Lambada, there doesn't seem to be another option. Another thing is that your account is only valid for 24hours and then you have to re-register. I don't get the point of that at all.

The jury decision has been published:

1er. premio: Familias transfronterizas. Autora: Patricia Ruiz-Navarro
2? premio: A 15 a?os. Autor: Jorge Due?es
3er. premio: Sin t?tulo. Autor: Alberto Alejandro Millares P?rez

Let's see how Mr C does with the popular vote.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Lambada, there doesn't seem to be another option.

OK I'll keep clicking :cheeky:. And I'm going to leave a voting window open beyond the 24 hour point to see if you have to reregister, because like you I don't understand that either. And does one reregister from the same email address or should one use an alternative? It's ok, I don't expect anyone to know the answer.