Appeal Timelines - Immigration Canada

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
This thread was created to share timelines for those members who are in the appeal process with Immigration Canada.

Hopefully this thread will help our members to get an idea of how long the appeal process can take and provide support to everyone going through it.

Suggested format for posting your information.

Date Visa Refused -
Date Refusal Letter Received -
Date Notice of Appeal Submitted -
Date Received Documents Back from Haiti -
Date ADR Hearing (if required) -
Date Full Court Hearing -

Good Luck to Everyone!
Sangria

emj_08

Feb 9, 2006
Date Visa Refused - June 2009
Date Refusal Letter Received - June 2009
Date Notice of Appeal Submitted - June 2009
Date Received Documents Back from Haiti - August 2009
Date ADR Hearing (if required) - Sept 15, 2010 (more than 1 year after applying for an appeal we are granted an ADR... which was succesful).

laurar

Jun 19, 2008
Met Janurary 2007
Married May 2008
Applied for PR July 2008
Called to bring Passport February 2009 (waited 30 days called MP to inquire after 30 days of waiting)
IMM decided applicant needs to be interviewed
Interview April 2009 - Denial
ADR September 2010 - Won
Recieved Visa December 2010
FINALLY THE END!!!!!!!!!

lovebug28

Nov 25, 2005
Keeping up hope....

Date Visa Refused - May 2010
Date Refusal Letter Received - May 2010
Date Notice of Appeal Submitted - May 2010
Date Received Documents Back from Haiti - Sept 2010 (they took soo long to send file)
Date ADR Hearing (if required) - Dec.14, 2010 (We won and admitted their refusal reason was not just.)
Now we are just waiting again....

emj_08

Feb 9, 2006
Good for you, Lovebug! It feels good to prove them wrong. Our ADR (successful) was 4 months ago, and we're still waiting, after jumping yet another hoop. Hope you're almost done!

lovebug28

Nov 25, 2005
Hey emj_08

Yes it feels so good. They even put on the letter that they believe in the genuiness of our relationship so that they don't have another reason to say no once the file goes back. I'm just crossing my fingers that we don't hit any other bumps and this all ends soon. Its hard raising our son without my hubby.

Good luck you too xoxcoxox

emj_08

Feb 9, 2006
Oh yes, that letter was amazing to hold in my hand. It was vindication of 2 years work, stating everything I had been saying all along was true. I'm gonna frame it one of these days, lol!

Just heads up, they can't deny you on the same grounds twice, but they can find other things. Just be really careful with the final medical exam and police certificate. get everything notarized and stamped so they can't question anything. that's what im dealing with right now.