Where is this beach?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
The great thing about the DR is that it could be one of many. I'm guessing Isla Saona/Bayahibe area. Otherwise there are beaches like that on the east coast and in the Saman? area.

miozio

May 23, 2009
The great thing about the DR is that it could be one of many. I'm guessing Isla Saona/Bayahibe area. Otherwise there are beaches like that on the east coast and in the Saman? area.
Isla Saona? So white sand is near SDgo? I've been to Samana, nothing like that, although we didn't go to the islands there :(

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
In Saman?, Playa Rinc?n or the smaller Playita near Las Galeras are comparably beautiful. Possibly also some of the beaches near Las Terrenas but I haven't been there yet.
Bayahibe, where you get the boats to Isla Saona, is about 2 hours drive from SD. Nearer the capital the beaches at Boca Chica and Juan Dolio have white sand but they are not virgin beaches like the ones in the photos.

miozio

May 23, 2009
In Saman?, Playa Rinc?n or the smaller Playita near Las Galeras are comparably beautiful. Possibly also some of the beaches near Las Terrenas but I haven't been there yet.
Been to Las Terrenas and Playa Rincon, the waves made it look different i guess, beautifil though. Virgin beaches, those are only on the islands, i see... Thank you so much for the info. have you been to many similar? What about Playa Rusia near Luperon? Is it worth driving there?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I liked Punta Rucia, or La Ensenada which is a better beach. It's not guaranteed to be clean or empty though. Limited facilities - some accommodation, good seafood, bad road.

peep2

Bronze
Oct 24, 2004
My experience so far has been brownish sand in the north coast and white sand along the south and east coast.