Dammit, I didn't get my marbete :(

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
So you guys think the deadline will extend for us sorry souls who have been lazy to get the sticker?
So as of tomorrow (today is the dead line), do I have to get the sticker from the bank or do I have to go to department of vehicle?
Original copy of registration and copy of cedula is all required?
Thanks.
AZB

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
The fine is RD$600. My guess is you're in for some pain, along with 1000's of others that should have known better :)

May 12, 2005
So you guys think the deadline will extend for us sorry souls who have been lazy to get the sticker?
So as of tomorrow (today is the dead line), do I have to get the sticker from the bank or do I have to go to department of vehicle?
Thanks.
AZB

Ha, you have become Dominican. Why do today, what I can do tomorrow?? Es no me culpa. jajajajajajaja

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
i was going to do it a while back, then simply forgot about it all together.
I am not worried about the fine, just don't want amet to take my car away.
AZB

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
All you need is a photocopy of the original!! and a photocopy of your c?dula...it take 5 minutes.

Tomorrow you have to go the DGII to get it and that is a hassle, unless you have an errand boy to go get it for you.

If you are in Santiago, I have a guy who can do it for you...if not, get ready to pay a hefty fine....

HB

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
i was going to do it a while back, then simply forgot about it all together.
I am not worried about the fine, just don't want amet to take my car away.
AZB

If you don't get it sorted tonight, probably best you take a motoconcho or walk everywhere after 5 pm tomorrow then!!! :bunny::bunny::bunny:

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I think we can still do it in the banks in SD. I am in SD so i will go and have it taken care of tomorrow morning in some bank. If I get stopped by AMET police, I will act dominican and say "no lo sabia, nadie me dijo nada.... oh pero no es mi culpa..."
you think I will get lucky if I try to put the blame on him?
AZB

miozio

May 23, 2009
All you need is a photocopy of the original!! and a photocopy of your c?dula...it take 5 minutes.

HB
OMG I bought a car 4 months ago and the previous owner said the stickers are ok until April. I guess not, i just trusted his words and never even looked at the dates on the stickers, there are like 5 of them :) I don't have a cedula yet, the car is on my name, can i use my passport?

Tallman1818

Nov 19, 2007
AZB, don't worry you are not the only one, I forgot too and now I can move my SUV until I get the sticker tomorrow in the bank which will be 1800 pesos.......

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
..........talking about the Revista?????

I think so...........

No...it's the marbete/placa...apparently there are no revistas this year...at least so far. I had a guy get my marbete for me...he went to Sosua yesterday and said there were a few hundred people in line so he went to Sabaneta today and only waited 3 hours ;) But I have mine... just in time...

AMET will definitely be out in force tomorrow looking for scofflaws without current placas! Be careful out there!

Feb 7, 2007
Thanks.
AZB

I am surprised, Aftab!!! ;) YOU of all.... :)

Anyway, I somehow thought myself the deadline was end of November, then I read Saturday night an article on 17/11 deadline. So, this past Monday I was stepping at 8.30 am in front of Banco Adopem. The first guy in the line brought about 20 placas to renew, and held up the line. As time went on, the process got longer because "all circuits were busy". After some revolt another cashier started to process placas because the first one was sill handling the first guy with 20 placas, and there were about 20 people in the bank already. My turn came at about 10 am, it took all lengthy 5 minutes for my placa to be renewed, receipt printed and sticker handed over to me.

Later yesterday and during today I saw immense lines in front of banks handling the sticker issuance. I passed by Banco Adopem tonight at about 7.30 pm (it was already dark) and they were STILL open and handling the lengthy line outside the building. I hope the cashiers got some propina...

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
DR1 News - Tuesday - November 17

Bad news AZB!

Last minute marbete
Today is the last chance for car owners to get their marbete stickers without paying a penalty fee. But as is the usual case in the DR, many drivers have waited until the last minute to get their car situation in order. Car owners wishing to obtain their stickers can expect long lines at banks. The process closes at 5:30 this afternoon, after which car owners will be charged a RD$600 late payment fee. They will also need to endure very long queues at DGII offices where the stickers will continue to be issued. AMET has announced that as of 5pm they will impound any car that doesn't have the sticker and Listin Diario reports that 30% of vehicles are still marbete-free.

Don

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
Thanks...........

No...it's the marbete/placa...apparently there are no revistas this year...at least so far. I had a guy get my marbete for me...he went to Sosua yesterday and said there were a few hundred people in line so he went to Sabaneta today and only waited 3 hours ;) But I have mine... just in time...

AMET will definitely be out in force tomorrow looking for scofflaws without current placas! Be careful out there!

...........We got all our Marbete's when they first came out over the internet and they were delivered to the house.........seems like a few months ago..........I've been looking for the REVISTA's and thought that is what was "over" now..............

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
I too thought that the process expired on November 30. Last Saturday I checked the DGII site online and discovered to my horror that the last day was November 17.

I hustled down to the local bank and they had closed for the day as they do on Saturdays. Monday I went to the same bank and the parking lot was full of people. I went to several other banks and it was the same situation.

I got in line and waited four hours and a bank representative came out and told us that the system was so slow that they were not going to get very much farther in the line at that point.

Yesterday I got in line at the same bank at 8 AM, one hour before they opened. The people already there had organized a list and I was number 64. Six hours later I had my Marbet.

The banks use a dial-up system to the DGII. One Cajero had her phone on speaker and you could hear the busy signal as she dialed multiple times for each person she was attending.

Last year I got mine early and even though there were only three or four people ahead of me because of the outdated system they use the delay was about 30 minutes.

The whole experience was purely Dominican. There were arm waving arguments, people joking, tiguere wannabes trying to crash the line with every trick in the book being turned back by self appointed line wardens. There was a refreshingly large number of people wryly commenting that this is what happens when you wait until the last minute.

At one point we a bunch of us were joking about "no es mi culpa" when one wag pointed at me and said "it's all your fault!". I put a look of mock horror on my face and started chanting "Obama...Obama" to laughter.

There is a Dominican genius for turning a crappy situation into a bearable event. When you're stuck with lemons make lemonade.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
wait a minute? you waited 6 hrs to get marbete? Yikexxxxxxx. Now I am in trouble.
Dammit, why didn't I pay attention?
If amet stops me I will just say " Ah bueno...."
Or should I say "me need no stinky sticker..."
AZB

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
wait a minute? you waited 6 hrs to get marbete? Yikexxxxxxx. Now I am in trouble.
Dammit, why didn't I pay attention?
If amet stops me I will just say " Ah bueno...."
Or should I say "me need no stinky sticker..."
AZB

You probably won't have to wait that long in a DGII office since they are tapping directly into their own system. I don't think you can get it a bank now.

You can send a mensajero to stand in line for you with a copy of your matricula.

Amet CAN stop you, issue you a fine and impound the car.