Rio San Juan area rentals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Hello!

I am looking into renting an affordable house/casita for the month of January. All I find online seem to be high-end. I am not looking for anything fancy, dont need a swimming pool, etc....
Because I wont have a car and I am traveling with young kids, it should be within a walking distance of center of town.
Any suggestions ??
Thanks!

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
Hello!

I am looking into renting an affordable house/casita for the month of January. All I find online seem to be high-end. I am not looking for anything fancy, dont need a swimming pool, etc....
Because I wont have a car and I am traveling with young kids, it should be within a walking distance of center of town.
Any suggestions ??
Thanks!

PM me and I'll let you know what we have there.

les1

Feb 1, 2007
For one month the rental in town for a furnished appt range from 6000 pesos a month for 1 bedroom to 10,000 for 2 beds. There are a few places around the central park but you need to walk around, look and then phone them. Gris Gris appts have nice one bed appts for 1000 pesos a night (tourist appts) and you could stay there for 2-3 nights and look around.
Les

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Thank you Les for the info. Traveling with young children, I have to plan ahead , so looking around is not really an option. also, I was really hoping for a house rather than apartment so at they can play and run around at home.
I was in Las Terrenas this summer and was looking for something different on the north coast, but it is a lot harder to find info about the area.
I may just go back to LT and visit RSJ for a week, not sure yet.....
Do you have a contact number for Gris Gris apartment ?

les1

Feb 1, 2007
No number for Gris Gris appts - sorry, someone may have it on this forum. If they do there is a large garden for the kids and the beach is 300m. You could stay at Bahia Blanca Hotel - they always have room and its on the beach. Mercedes has appts close to the Lagoon, her no is 809 350 5053 or 809 426 2670.
RSJ is certainly different - cheaper more friendly - a domincan town with a lagoon and loads of local kids at the lagoon and beach yours can play with.
Les

les1

Feb 1, 2007
One other thing, I took my daughter to the river, 5 mins on the highway in P Plata direction. She loved it, you can swim and catch prawns under the rocks and make a fire and cook food with lots of friendly dominicans. especially on the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.