For the guys..sony, samsung, lg, or sharp

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
I have been looking for a new 52 inch lcd tv in Santiago for a month and need some feedback on your experiences. I would love to compare side by side but all the usual outlets have 2 of the 4 and a side by side comparison can't be done.
Every time I am ready to make a decision, I can't. Being that I have to pay double the price here, I am trying to make the right decision the first time.
Even personal experiences with a slightly smalller size would be great.
Thank you

waytogo

Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
I have a 46" Sharp aquos LCD. When I went looking, it had the best picture of the bunch.

It's funny you say that....I have been leaning towards that exact set in the 46 or 52. You would think buying a big screen would be fun and easy
but nooooooooooooo, It has to be a nerve wrenching experience.

waytogo

Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Thanks guys for the 2 sites for big screen reviews. The only problem is I haven't found a store here in Santiago that sells above entry level tv's. For one, I would love a Sony XBR but I can only imagine the price here...Maybe 4500. to 5000. USD for a 52. I am looking for the biggest bang for the buck and one of the sites recommends the new LG 55 in. which maybe would be a good choice because everybody sells LG and service should be good here. MAYBE
But Cobraboys site highly recommends (for the price) the Panasonic. So now I need to take some aspirin for the migrane that has developed. Now I am totally confused.
Boils down to this, is there a top notch tv outlet here (the D.R.)that has a good selection with better than entry level to chose from so I can make an eyeball decision?

peep2

Bronze
Oct 24, 2004
I had to return my LG. Decided on a Sharp LCD instead. All around great TV except the sound from the TV is weak and leaves a little to be desired. If the TV is part of a home theater system....problem solved.

waytogo

Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
I had to return my LG. Decided on a Sharp LCD instead. All around great TV except the sound from the TV is weak and leaves a little to be desired. If the TV is part of a home theater system....problem solved.

Did you purchase the sharp here and if you don't mind saying where here and was the priceing ok? You must have a great repor with that store for them to exchange. Usually not heard of here.