Count down!

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Yesterday, Acira's temperature dropped to 37,3 ?C which means she is preparing herself for going into labour.
Normal temperature of a dog is just above 38 ?C. If a dog is pregnant temperature in the last week gradually drops and once below 36?C, the dog will have puppies within 24 hours.

Now...Acira has still 7 day's to go if we count from the day she became pregnant but the drop in temperature gives me the hint that I should get myself installed in the maids quarters which we have "rebuild" for Acira and her puppies.

So...as from this evening...Belgiank is a bachelor again, at least at night because I'll be spending the nights sleeping in the maids quarters next to Acira's cosy delivery box ;)

We are installing the webcam, its working fine wireless and Belgiank will have a look at the topic on how to broadcast the birth of the puppies live...still some work on that one...

Counting down from this day!

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
LOL Johan,

Acira is due for the 30th and it seems that she will hold on to that date.
She is very calm, sleeping al lot, plukking her nipples which are now filling with milk, starts to nest a bit but not very enthousiastic yet, temp stay's around 37,5 en 37,3?C consistently.
Waiting, waiting...

Since we did not take that much pictures, we need to go around at the schools where we did the demo's and ask for their photo and video material but with all going on here, we didn't get around with it yet.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
well, i am glad to see someone is excited about pregnancy of an animal for a change :)
i am sure it will go well, dogs in general do not seem to have epidural dilemma :)

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
well, i am glad to see someone is excited about pregnancy of an animal for a change :)
i am sure it will go well, dogs in general do not seem to have epidural dilemma :)

from the looks of it, I will have to give Hilde an epidural to stay calm... lol

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
short update... Acira is as usual playing with us... temp going up, temp going down... very restfull... then hyperactive in nesting... this is her 3th litter and last one... so we know the signs... we think she will be as usual spot on... and deliver around the 1st...

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
I have watched all episodes of all creatures great and small- can I be of any help ? It always seemed to involve rolling sleeves up

heldengebroed

Bronze
Mar 9, 2005
if you do the thing your implying with acira i think your in trouble
with acira the dog
and Hilde with acira as nickname

the first i know bites
the later i can only supose
but you might try

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
They are behind their due date as probably nice and warm and comfortable where they are and don't realise how warm and sunny it still is in the DR!!

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Well...

Acira has no pups. She fooled us all the way through even with dropping here temperature at the date she should have given birth.
It was a "fake" pregnancy, so all in here little head, but all hormones working and acting like she was pregnant so fysically she really looked and felt pregnant.

The most important is that she is fine, a few weeks of good work out will snap her out of the idea that she is pregnant and within a month she will have lost the extra kilo's she gained because she is on a diet now...she is not happy with that ;)

Thanks for the support however from everybody!

Moderator, this topic can be closed I think, thank you.

Hilde

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Well...

Acira has no pups. She fooled us all the way through even with dropping here temperature at the date she should have given birth.
It was a "fake" pregnancy, so all in here little head, but all hormones working and acting like she was pregnant so fysically she really looked and felt pregnant.

The most important is that she is fine, a few weeks of good work out will snap her out of the idea that she is pregnant and within a month she will have lost the extra kilo's she gained because she is on a diet now...she is not happy with that ;)

Thanks for the support however from everybody!

Moderator, this topic can be closed I think, thank you.

Hilde

Disappointing for both Acira and yourselves but main thing is that she is fit and well! Happy dog frisbee to get her back to fitness and agility so that you don't have to impose the diet for too long!!