D.R. statistics (Cost of Living)

Status
Not open for further replies.

suzannel

Jun 7, 2006
Can someone inform me if the D.R. Government issues statistics on Cost of Living Index like they do in the U.S. and Canada.
If they do can you tell me where I can get the info?? I have searched for Government sites but was unsuccessfull.
Thank you

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Yes, they do, but they are rather difficult to interpret. I would go to the site of the central bank (<www.bancocentral.gov.do>) [which might even be a correct citation, I don't know]

Anyway, the data is out there is several places and it is referred to in newspaper articles...the cost of living index in the DR has been stable +/- for most of the year due to the government's handling of the world financial crisis. They talk about a less than 5% inflation rate...How accurate is this? Well diesel fuel, used to move everything in the country, has gone up more than 28% yet oil prices have reamined in the 60-75 range...LPG used by every taxi and publicois up more than 40%

Go figure...

HB

suzannel

Jun 7, 2006
Hillbilly,

Thank you to you for your response, I will study the data on the Central Banc website,

Your info on the real price index however makes me question the data, I will se if I can get a list of the items they chose to include in their statistic on the Index.

Thanks again,

Suzanne

Yes, they do, but they are rather difficult to interpret. I would go to the site of the central bank (<www.bancocentral.gov.do>) [which might even be a correct citation, I don't know]

Anyway, the data is out there is several places and it is referred to in newspaper articles...the cost of living index in the DR has been stable +/- for most of the year due to the government's handling of the world financial crisis. They talk about a less than 5% inflation rate...How accurate is this? Well diesel fuel, used to move everything in the country, has gone up more than 28% yet oil prices have reamined in the 60-75 range...LPG used by every taxi and publicois up more than 40%

Go figure...

HB

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006

Go figure...

HB

That usually happens when the product is subsidized to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.