new browser google chrome- excellent

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I have just downloaded the google chrome browser and I have to say, its excellent. Its super fast and slim & simple. Downloaded and installed in few seconds. Thats it. So if you have an old laptop and can't use bulky programs, use this browser and it will make your browsing lightening fast.
I am impressed.
AZB

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
You may want to go back and read the privacy statement... I loaded chrome the day it came out but uninstalled it whe I read the numerous articles, and an admission from Google, that Chrome collects browsing and searching data and other personal info about it's users..supposedly as a way to "improve your browsing experience"...

Mar 2, 2008
I respectfully submit that any time you "Google" anything it is "duly noted" by whichever browser you use.

Nothing has changed, and everything is "duly noted".

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
to be honest, I use it and I like it... and yes I read all the statements... but with any good firewall, you would realise this is the fact with all browsers, and other programs you use as well... big brother is watching you... I don't like it, but there it is...

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
You may want to go back and read the privacy statement... I loaded chrome the day it came out but uninstalled it whe I read the numerous articles, and an admission from Google, that Chrome collects browsing and searching data and other personal info about it's users..supposedly as a way to "improve your browsing experience"...

In case you didn't knew, each browser does that:D.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
I read about a year ago that Google has EVERY data inquiry that has ever been made on Google.

They have never deleted anything.............

So Big Brother is not only watching, he has TOTAL RECALL!

Don

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Well, it's one thing to collect data, but it was my understanding that Google Chrome was going to be the first browser to analyze that data and use it to improve the "customer experience", which is way more Big Brother-ish than anonymous data collection...here's an article referring to the other big part of the "controversy" which Google rescinded:

http://www.bigmouthmedia.com/live/a...-chromes-user-agreement-following-c.asp/5115/

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I thought Chrome was designed to be used with their "Cloud" program.

Ultimately, your computer will be "dumb"; all computing and data storage will be done elsewhere. Even your cell phone will be connected to your full data storage.

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
Using it also...

The only thing I don?t like with it is the download feature. Is it not better with just a "save as" dialogue box? Or can I change this?

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
The whole idea with this browser is that its simple and light. This mean, your pc resources will be better put to use rather than on bells and whistles (on fancier & heavier browsers) that you really don't need. This browser opens up fast and gives fast responses. I love it, it has all the features that I need and works perfectly on slower laptops.

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
I've been using since 1 year and a half, it would be the perfect browser if it wasn't for a few incompatibilities with some pages (BHD banking for example). I hope Google fix it's few bugs so it can be the market leader on the browser segment. (Firefox is really, really good too).