Special offers to residents? Hotels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WMT

Oct 29, 2007
Hi, all.

My wife and I will be celebrating 37 years of marriage in a few days. Are there any hotels that offer special packages to locals (residents)? We have our residency. We're in the Sos?a area. Thank you in advance.
WMT

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
I do know.............

..........and I'm going back a few years now, that we used to go to Casa De Campo and pay about 1/2 the rate with our cedulas.............

..........I think if you call around and ask ie: The Riu's etc.........they may have a special rate........

PrincessaDR

Nov 4, 2009
With such low occupancy rates around the country if you are willing to negotiate you should get a GREAT rate.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
You need to contact LOCAL TRAVEL AGENCIES. IF there is a special rate or promotion available, THEY are the ones to get them.
Interestingly, some banks also get wind of special rates available now and then. If you have an insider contact at your bank, ask them too.

Most AI's are not setup to handle local call-ins. They sell rooms en bloc bulk to wholesale and tour operators.
We once tried to deal with IberoStar for a very special arrangement for almost $15'000.oo... they could NOT handle it and referred us to tour operators and to come back to them for special arrangements once we had a reservation!

Others like RIU have their own web site.... however, one will mostly find better offers for their hotels elsewhere online.

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
JD,

The Riu complex in both POP and PUJ have their own Reservations Departments and should be able to handle anything which comes up. See Post #10 in this thread:

www.dr1.com/forums/north-coast/98094-best-north-coast-resort-gringos.html

If it's only a few rooms, the other resorts often do take local reservations but they may reserve their best local rates for local TAs. for something as intricate as your reservations I'm not surprised they had trouble with it - LOL.

Gregg

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
Kewl... I just have never been able to reach them.
They have a web site for all RIU's thou.

I will contact "La Profe" next time to see if I get a better deal with her sales manager.

I also forgot to mention that universities get visited by people peddling "especiales" every now and then... some, at ridiculously low prices... but during OFF season only.

Thanks! ... J-D.

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Another thing for those not resident in the DR...

Most of the big Spanish chains also have toll free phone numbers for Canada and the USA. While their websites often key on the Rack Rate with occasional specials their call centres at the end oif the Toll Free numbers routinely offer better than on-line pricing...

YMMV

Gregg

Status
Not open for further replies.