North Coast.

Constantine

Nov 22, 2009
Hello, i am in a high interest to buy a villa on North Cost (Puerto Plata is best for me), can u recommend *HIGH* respectable Realtor organizations? What are they names? :chinese: (also.. are they san domingo based?)

just trying to not get scammed with 1 day firms :ninja:

Thank You!

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Hi Constantine,

The over-riding wisdom here will indicate that purchasing right away is almost always a bad idea but rather renting in the chosen area for a period of between three and twelve months (opinions vary) will ensure that you have chosen the area well and that you are well suited to life in the DR.

Mi dos pesos and welcome to DR1.

Gregg

Constantine

Nov 22, 2009
Hi Constantine,

The over-riding wisdom here will indicate that purchasing right away is almost always a bad idea but rather renting in the chosen area for a period of between three and twelve months (opinions vary) will ensure that you have chosen the area well and that you are well suited to life in the DR.

Mi dos pesos and welcome to DR1.

Gregg
yeah i know it.. but i can always move if something will be horrible.. don't want a Rent :) :bunny:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Como dir?a otros: Te van a joder.

Alquile por un par de meses, para que puedes ver como andan las cosas, entonces puedes meter los cuartos en una propiedad. Si no? Los tiburones te comen vivo...

Tenga muuucho cuidado en estar apurado en comprar...

Esta es la voz de 50 a?os hablando...

Cordialmente,

HB

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
He's Russian HB and in another thread he said his Spanish was..........limited but his English is clearly excellent.

Constantine, HB, living here some 50 years, is warning you about sharks in real estate waters and he's advising you to rent for a couple of months first.

The problem you have Constantine is that if something turns out to be horrible you can indeed move but you probably won't be able to sell it. And if it is seen you can buy a second place without selling the first one, people will think that you have more money than sense and thus target you for a real estate scam or other sort of scam or they'll think that you're a member of the Russian mafia. Either way you would be setting yourself up for on-going hassle.

And yes we do have Russian mafiosi here........so it wasn't an off the wall comment. ;)

STEVE G.

Bronze
Apr 2, 2006
community.webshots.com
... people will think that you have more money than sense and thus target you for a real estate scam or other sort of scam or they'll think that you're a member of the Russian mafia...

Sounds like a suicide operation : knowing someone fro Russian Mob and trying to scam him . In the best case , the scamer head on the plate will be send to the family :dead:

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
the real estate agent is not the most important thing to avoid getting scammed, its probably the lawyer that you choose

wimbleton

Apr 15, 2009
Never ever buy within 6 to 12 months of living in area ......unless you get it for 50 percent cheaper. That way if you picked poorly you have a chance of selling it within several years. Pay retail and choose poorly 5 to 6 years is a likely scenario unless on ocean; govern yourself accordingly. You are being warned by a lot of good wisdom.

To the poster...

Please refrain from posting in ALL CAPS. On bulletin boards ALL CAPS is considered to be YELLING and besides it is very hard to read.

Thank you.

Gregg
Mod.

Last edited by a moderator:

bakersindr

Jan 2, 2008
members.shaw.ca
We would recommend the agent we worked with to buy our place and our friend, Jim Belair from American Realty DR. Also, we have a place for sale ourselves.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
I am not so much afraid of the agent or even the lawyer going to screw the OP. The OP himself seems hell bound to screw himself.
Sorry Constantine, I think you need to READ some of the past threads... about one year back and I think that if you allow yourself to, you may come to realize that the general consensus based on experiences reported on this and other cites is what you have been "hinted" in no uncertain terms: DO NOT BUY ANYTHING before you have LIVED (tourism does qualify) here for AT LEAST 6 to 12 months so to have been able to evaluate your chances of being really happy here and also getting acquainted with the region as to WHERE EXACTLY you would consider settling and know the REAL VALUES (prices).
Just the mere toying with the idea of buying to sell maybe soon again, is a ticket to LOSS. EVERYBODY (almost) is selling... not too many buyers here... specially in Puerto Plata, you will get to know a mind boggling amount of properties that have been up for sale for YEARS, MANY years!

You don't want to believe me, that's fine, you don't have to. But READ and allow yourself to wake up from your dream... it's a nightmare in the making!

... J-D.

DRNED

Oct 28, 2009
yeah i know it.. but i can always move if something will be horrible.. don't want a Rent :) :bunny:

You can always move, but you can't sell on the NorthCoast. As long as you have money to burn then I'll sell you a house.
Tell me a price and I'll get you one twice the size you expect, Pto Plata yes????

mazboy

Dec 28, 2009
hi.thanks for the info. we're coming down in march to look at DR. it looks like a place to live but we will rent for awhile.
the north side looks like a nice area. we will evenually rent something close to the ocean...a 5 minute walk or less. and is near bars, restaurant and other services.

any input on condo associations where they went would be great.

oriole100

Bronze
Oct 9, 2005
In Cabarete, you may want to look at Ocean Dream or Ocean 1. American style condo's, close to the beach. Complete a/c and real 24/7 elect. Not cheap. But you get what you pay for. Like everywhere else the prices have come down from lst year.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
I second the recommendation of watson homes, very professional and they go out of their way to help even after the purchase, which a lot of real estate agents forget about

Reactions: Black Dog

DRNED

Oct 28, 2009
Am not even sure the response is aimed at me and so...

Can't be bothered with pointless talk!

Last edited: