Shipping Container to Puerto Plata. Hlp

americanized

Nov 17, 2004
I need a Door to Door service from Miami to Puerto Plata (final-Santiago) for a small container, no vehicle. Can anyone recommend a reliable and trusted shipping company for the task. I'm a returning dominican and need to get all my stuff. A reliable broker in Puerto Plata will because I can take care of putting container in Puerto Plata. Taking it out and moving it to santiago is where I need the most help :paranoid:.
Thanks in advanced.

GOLFGUY

Oct 25, 2004
Try Antillean Marine (305) 633-6361. Ask for Lizbet (ext. 222). Ask her to email promotional rate schedule. POP boat leaves Thursday arrives Monday. Broker in POP: Altagracia Placido (809) 775-9211 (she handles free zone cargo, I assume she can do personal cargo also). I have another broker in Santiago (also named Altagracia) (809) 233-8277 (Leomar Freight Brokers).

americanized

Nov 17, 2004
Thank you

Good Advice Golfguy, container is being shipped soon via Antillean Marine. They were the most economical way to send it, and easiest. Thank you.

Question: how can the broker help clear the container (I spoke with Altagracia Leomar)? They are not too clear on what they do other than telling me they will help (that could mean only translating (not needed) and pointing out where to go). Is there any advantage in using them? or any other broker for that matter?

Thanks

Try Antillean Marine (305) 633-6361. Ask for Lizbet (ext. 222). Ask her to email promotional rate schedule. POP boat leaves Thursday arrives Monday. Broker in POP: Altagracia Placido (809) 775-9211 (she handles free zone cargo, I assume she can do personal cargo also). I have another broker in Santiago (also named Altagracia) (809) 233-8277 (Leomar Freight Brokers).

GOLFGUY

Oct 25, 2004
You asked for door to door and are now shipping door to port. I assume Antillean doesn't provide DR brokerage service, so now you have to deal wth DR customs. That is where Altagracia (in POP and STI) comes in. Altagracia Placido in POP is very straight forward in rates and answers regarding your cargo. My feeling would be to plan to be in POP on the day after the boat lands. Provide Altagracia (via fax) all commercial invoices and bill of lading (Antillean in POP will print out original BL for Altagracia; she is well known in their POP office). Schedule w/ Altagracia convenient time for you to be available for revision of container. At the revision, a customs official will unload the container and examine if the items conform to the main invoice/packing list. This is where it is very important that all items are listed properly. It dosn't matter what value you place on the item, customs has a main list of standard valuations. See Direcci?n General de Aduanas - DGA. What does matter is that Altagracia is given all the documents with sufficient time for her to operate smoothly. Also, advise her if you are returning Dominican citizen; you may be entitled to lower duties/exemptions.

DanaP

May 23, 2007
container shipping

what about miami to boca chica? Does this company come to this side of the island as well?

americanized

Nov 17, 2004
I am shipping door to door, that's the deal with AM. This personal cargo from a returning dominican. I have no invoices from most of the stuff since it's my household items, purchased in the past. I went to the Dominican EMbassy in Miami and got a letter about my duty excemption right as a returning domincan.

You asked for door to door and are now shipping door to port. I assume Antillean doesn't provide DR brokerage service, so now you have to deal wth DR customs. That is where Altagracia (in POP and STI) comes in. Altagracia Placido in POP is very straight forward in rates and answers regarding your cargo. My feeling would be to plan to be in POP on the day after the boat lands. Provide Altagracia (via fax) all commercial invoices and bill of lading (Antillean in POP will print out original BL for Altagracia; she is well known in their POP office). Schedule w/ Altagracia convenient time for you to be available for revision of container. At the revision, a customs official will unload the container and examine if the items conform to the main invoice/packing list. This is where it is very important that all items are listed properly. It dosn't matter what value you place on the item, customs has a main list of standard valuations. See Direcci?n General de Aduanas - DGA. What does matter is that Altagracia is given all the documents with sufficient time for her to operate smoothly. Also, advise her if you are returning Dominican citizen; you may be entitled to lower duties/exemptions.

americanized

Nov 17, 2004
Quick follow up

I'm done with importing container via POP. It was an excellent choice for shipping company as well as the broker Altagracia in POP suggested here. Highly recomended. Thanks a lot for the help. ;)

leo`s

Jan 1, 2011
contededor de gomas de camion

Hola, busco como mandar un contenedor gomas de camion a la Republica Dominicana desde tampa florida si alguien me pude dar una idea por favor

HI need to send load of trucks tires to the dominican rep from tampa fl any idea?

Trainman33

Bronze
Dec 11, 2009
Bumping this old thread because it is on topic. I would like to know who to contact to get the rate on a container going from Santiago to POP and then to JAX or MIA.