Processing time for the DR residency permit

Guna

May 7, 2009
I had approached a lawyer to help me to apply for the DR residency permit. She told me that she had applied to the immigration office in this week. She had already delayed by an year and now she says that she cannot tell the time taken to process the application because the office have to inquire the interpol and DNCD.
Does anyone know what is the time taken to process the application. I had already given medical examination and the result was ok. Is there any way that I can check the status of the application online.

Bryanell

Bronze
Aug 9, 2005
I had approached a lawyer to help me to apply for the DR residency permit. She told me that she had applied to the immigration office in this week. She had already delayed by an year and now she says that she cannot tell the time taken to process the application because the office have to inquire the interpol and DNCD.
Does anyone know what is the time taken to process the application. I had already given medical examination and the result was ok. Is there any way that I can check the status of the application online.

Allow four to five months to complete the process

Fabio J. Guzman

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
www.drlawyer.com
It can take up to six months from the time the application is filed. It may take longer or the application may be rejected, if there are problems with Interpol, medical exams, etc.

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
i don't remember it being anywhere near this complicated when i did it. maybe it took a couple of weeks max; 2 trips to santo domingo, one for the application and one to pick it up.

Guna

May 7, 2009
Thank you all for your responses. I had to wait still for a long period. Thanks to my lawyer I had already waited a year.

medo

Dec 3, 2009
does any one know a very good lawyer to help applying for the residency card?

drgringo

Apr 25, 2009
What if any are the sponsorship requirements for residency? is there a certain in-country investment, or proof of regular income from outside as most countries require.

What is the simplest cheapest path(how much?) for someone who wants to become a resident yet is still holidaying before deciding on next employment decision. My work is virtual so i can do it from anywhere, just need phone and internet.

Serious replies appreciated