"unbiased reporting...yeah, right"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melafafon

Nov 1, 2009
Not that I really expect unbiased media from free publications in the North Coast, but does it seem to anyone that certain sites really promote some businesses? Not sure if any DR1'ers read Sosua.com, but whoever writes the mini-articles about stuff going on in Sosua, and the restaurant reviews, all it sounds like are raves (and not written very well) about one particular place-is the writer the owner's dad or something? It comes off as propoganda rather then reviews or reporting.

And even on DR1, there is one place that seems to be promoted more then others (won't mention it), and I have even heard rumors that people have been banned from DR1 when they say something negative about this place. And I've eaten there, and its not that great, not sure why the fuss...its like the emperors new clothes.

Anyway, just a rant I guess, would just be nice to read what sounds like actual reviews for more places. Not that I expect Fodors to do a writeup about La Passion's wings (which are great!), but everytime I read something that is so obviously biased, it irritates me...

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
yawn.jpg

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.