Rocky's Thanksgiving

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rbh44

Mar 28, 2007
I would like to thank Rick for putting on the Thansgiving dinner. It was excellent. Great job. I imagine I have sat down to dinner with a more motley crew in my time, but for the life of me I can't remember when.:cheeky: Thanks to Michelle and Catcherintherye, and everyone else I talked to, for the excellent information. I am more determined than ever to make the move for good next year. I hope I can stay in contact with everyone. Wonderful people and the food at Rocky's is excellent.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I would like to thank Rick for putting on the Thansgiving dinner. It was excellent. Great job. I imagine I have sat down to dinner with a more motley crew in my time, but for the life of me I can't remember when.:cheeky: Thanks to Michelle and Catcherintherye, and everyone else I talked to, for the excellent information. I am more determined than ever to make the move for good next year. I hope I can stay in contact with everyone. Wonderful people and the food at Rocky's is excellent.
It was nice to meet you and you definitely sat at the "motley crew" table, which makes for some very interesting entertainment.
Never a dull moment around these parts.
Most of the people at your table are here for the long run, so you'll be seeing them again when you come down.
Regards, Marco. (the old/other Rocky)
PS: Thanks to Rick and Ro for all the effort and good work. I've done that job before and it's a bit more complicated than one might think.
Plus an honourable mention to elviejo who could not attend due to an emergency but sent over all that super delicious home made ice cream.

Mar 2, 2008
A motley crew, indeed. It was great conversation and great company. That alone was worth the very modest price of admission.

I'm sure that the cost of the meal was just barely covered by the price. This really was an act of charity. The meal cost 200 pesos, which was a REAL bargain.

Those in attendance were encouraged (just a box on the counter, with no pressure at all) to make a donation to help provide Christmas gifts for children in the area who might otherwise have nothing.

One had the sense that the entire gathering was a well-planned family get-together, and certainly not a commercial enterprise. It had a very warm and friendly feeling that just can't be faked.

It was truly a great experience, and I hope it continues to be a tradition for many years to come. A splendid job!

And how often does one get a full kiss on the lips from Marco??? Priceless!

Mar 2, 2008
I must say, I didn't take any, and I can't imagine Rick had the time, but I'd love to see any that were taken.

Honestly, I didn't take notice of anyone taking photos, but I was preoccupied with the meal and the conversation. I hope there were some taken, but I can definitely understand if no one gave it much thought.

wendymathews

Mar 27, 2007
I really enjoyed the meal. I wish I could have met some folks as it was my first time there but all those motley crew tables were full!!

Dafishguy

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
And how often does one get a full kiss on the lips from Marco??? Priceless!

I'm sure there are more then a few chicas that can lay claim to that fame Catcher but guys, now that must be rare indeed. Cherish the moment! LOL

I want to thank all those who attended and send my condolences to those who planned to attend but for one reason or another, just could not make it.

We served 55 meals and I think all were thoroughly enjoyed. Thank you all. It was our pleasure having so many fine folks in one place to enjoy each others company and enjoy some mighty fine food.

I want to personally thank Dr. Ro for her untiring help in preparing the turkeys and stuffing. Without her help, I doubt we would have done so well with the food. I also want to thank Elviego for the home made Ice Cream. Holy cow did we get good reviews on the ice cream. Many people would line up for it if you decided to sell it.

You are right when you say that I had NO TIME to take photos although I really wanted to. The guests and their needs took priority at all times. If someone has some photos, please post them.

Don't worry folks, this has been a yearly tradition at Rocky's for some time now and I am fully prepared to continue it.

Thanks again folks. Thanks to you, my first year at the helm of Rocky's has been a huge success.

Take care and see you all soon,

Rick

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Holy Kabeejus.. Pix !!!

Was having so much fun, the thought never crossed my mind and I don't remember seeing anyone taking pix.
I guess that means that nobody can prove the allegation that I kissed Catcher on the lips.

Rbh44

Mar 28, 2007
Photos

If you want to see photos of the guys at Rocky's Thanksgiving dinner just go into any post office in the USA. Their photos are posted on the wall. I guess that is why they live in the DR..... no extradition;)

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
If you want to see photos of the guys at Rocky's Thanksgiving dinner just go into any post office in the USA. Their photos are posted on the wall. I guess that is why they live in the DR..... no extradition;)

Howmar would disagree about the Extradition

Mar 2, 2008
Extradition??? Extradition??????

We don't need no STINKIN' EXTRADITION!

And I thought we were all here for the beautiful weather.

Mar 2, 2008
Amen, Waytogo. One of the best movies ever made! I'm am extremely glad there are some left who appreciate cultural references.

And Rocky, yes, the 3 Ws, along with the four Fs!!!

If you follow my drift.

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Amen, Waytogo. One of the best movies ever made! I'm am extremely glad there are some left who appreciate cultural references.]

We are probably the only 2 people on the island that would have recognised that particular statement. It's a shame they don't show those movies anymore. At least not on Star Cable.

Mar 2, 2008
Lancer has Channel 90, which runs old and classic movies.

It's pretty good, but you have to keep checking for the real good ones. They played "The African Queen" recently.

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
I am stuck with Star Cable with 6 months remaining on the contract. Lancer isn't available I believe in Santiago. At least no one has ever mentioned it as an option here. I am looking for a good fta system but have failed to receive any installation referrals from anyone on DR1. As I speak, Star Cable has decided to not have ANY channals working. For a change, it's not working at all. Now, to make my day complete,EdeNorte is due to turn off the electricity and the city the water.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
this is when a fight broke out over the last tomato

_44085423_pg_tomatina_getty4.jpg

augustus

Dec 19, 2007
Amen, Waytogo. One of the best movies ever made! I'm am extremely glad there are some left who appreciate cultural references.

And Rocky, yes, the 3 Ws, along with the four Fs!!!

If you follow my drift.

Is the last part of the four F's ( forget them ) ???????

If so, that's the most difficult part, in DR..........:bunny::bunny:

Status
Not open for further replies.