Help! Need New Club District-Not BC or Sosua

VicDamone

Nov 28, 2009
Hello All...

I am looking to try a new area of the Dominican Republic. I would like a place that is set-up like Boca Chica or Sosua with a strip of nightclubs--but maybe located in a smaller city. I have been to Santiago and Santo Domingo, but it seems like their club districts are more spread out.

I really like the feel of the d.r. but it has gotten to the point that I see the same people over and over when I go to Boca Chica and Sosua. I have looked through the other threads and I only found the normal recommendations (POP, Santiago, Santo Domingo, BC).

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

VicDamone

Nov 28, 2009
My apologies... My explanation may have been unclear.

I am looking for another area that has a nightclub district similar to Boca Chica or Sosua in a city that may not be a normal tourist area. Maybe Bonao, Azua, Bani, La Romana, San Pedro, Moca, Mao etc. I have never been to any of these cities, but I have seen them listed on the windshields of the GuaGuas. LOL

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
My apologies... My explanation may have been unclear.

I am looking for another area that has a nightclub district similar to Boca Chica or Sosua in a city that may not be a normal tourist area. Maybe Bonao, Azua, Bani, La Romana, San Pedro, Moca, Mao etc. I have never been to any of these cities, but I have seen them listed on the windshields of the GuaGuas. LOL

Boca Chica & Sosua are the only two such concentrated districts in the country, You could not find a friend in SDQ, there are tons of spots? If you know where to look, I think there is even a Google map!

VicDamone

Nov 28, 2009
Thanks for the updates...

Can you elaborate on Las Terrenas and Ulan Bator? Please respond via thread or PM.

Thanks again.

rsg

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
Vic, are you looking for a strip of clubs? or a strip of hooker clubs? There are bars and clubs all through out the country. For example, in Santo Domingo there is venezuala, it is packed with bars, clubs, and many hot chicas, but they are not your typical Sosua or Boca Chica type girls.
The whole country is full with bars and tipicos, but nothing like Sosua for working girls.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
nice but too many pigeons and no strip club

2905484-Gandantegchinlen-Khiid-Monastery--Ulan-Bator-2.jpg

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
Pattaya Thailand or Buenos Aires are other options for that...Otherwise the only real in your face districts like that here are the ones you seemed to have already explored.

Obviously the Capital has lots to offer as well its share of girly bars in Gazcue/Colonial area, and then as mentioned if you want the more subtle traditional approach-there is the bars on Venezuela and the colmados around the universities

VicDamone

Nov 28, 2009
Thanks for the recommendations everyone. I am not just looking for the BC/
Sosua style women as I have had just as much success with the regular locals as I have had with the street walkers. Honestly, sometimes you just want to go somewhere that has nice looking women but are not as aggressive as they are in the aforementioned cities.

With that being said, I was also interested in different locations that are similar to Boca Chica and Sosua but it seems that the consensus is that Boca Chica and Sosua are really the only 2 places like that. I will be in the D.R. next week, so I will try the Venezuela, Gazcue, Colonial, and La Terrena areas and let everyone know how they are.

If there are any more suggestions, please keep them coming. I really appreciate all those that have provided appropriate recommendations. Thanks.

Last edited: