Where's this country going to?

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
Below there's a link to an article in el Nacional about a Belgium guy who had been living here already for 17 years. Apparently some colonel wanted his possessions and had him picked up, thrown in jail for 10 days and then tried to deport him without a court order. Luckily for him a judge put a stop to it.
This is the 2nd such case that I know of here, this country could be so beautiful!!!!!
Desmontan de avi?n belga por orden juez - ElNacional.com.do

jcaliburr

Aug 1, 2009
Duele ver como la corrupcion da~na a un pais tan bello. A veces es mejor no saber de las cosas que pasan asi.

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Below there's a link to an article in el Nacional about a Belgium guy who had been living here already for 17 years. Apparently some colonel wanted his possessions and had him picked up, thrown in jail for 10 days and then tried to deport him without a court order. Luckily for him a judge put a stop to it.
This is the 2nd such case that I know of here, this country could be so beautiful!!!!![/url]

The country is beautiful, It's people like this colonel that make it ugly.

Mar 1, 2009
That is one reason some of my relatives don't even want to know anything about the DR. If your not "pegao", things don't get done. I like living here but doing so is an extreme sport at times. Hopefully this gentleman will not just give everything up and abandon the DR, then somehow be able to prosecute that douchebag colonel.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I want to know how does a person get to become a concentration of a coronel's attention? What does a person have to do to become so visible to the police?
Why is it that this doesn't happen to anyone of my expat friends who live in santiago or capital?
How is it that so many expats in the coast get into all kinds of trouble with the police and the locals?
AZB

Jun 18, 2007
I want to know how does a person get to become a concentration of a coronel's attention? What does a person have to do to become so visible to the police?
Why is it that this doesn't happen to anyone of my expat friends who live in santiago or capital?
How is it that so many expats in the coast get into all kinds of trouble with the police and the locals?
AZB
Maybe because they're easier to screw around with;)

Jun 18, 2007
Jun 18, 2007
My thoughts exactly. Why this guy, with a piece of crap Mitsubishi jeepeta....

I think this is irrelevant. It doesn't really matter why he got the coronel ticked of. What matters is that apparently the coronel abused his position and power and went outside of the law.
But then again we're speculating here because the press is not very clear about it either.

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
But did the Colonel kidnap himself when he found out he was going to be invstigated by the AGs Office to drum up supportfor himself? Or did the Policia Nacional stage a brazen attempt at rescuing him from his kidnappers in the dark in some seedy Santo Domingo neighborhood with no one watching or verifying the incident. If he s Colonel and got this far then there is some Mayor, Capitanes and Teniente and Generales covering for him.

Jun 18, 2007
But did the Colonel kidnap himself when he found out he was going to be invstigated by the AGs Office to drum up supportfor himself? Or did the Policia Nacional stage a brazen attempt at rescuing him from his kidnappers in the dark in some seedy Santo Domingo neighborhood with no one watching or verifying the incident. If he s Colonel and got this far then there is some Mayor, Capitanes and Teniente and Generales covering for him.

Most likely he wasn't the only one being involved in this "sting"