Impediment

coco2003

Nov 30, 2009
Last Wednesday 11/25 I traveled to the DR and was told that I was not allowed and they just put me back in the same plane I came.

I was not told the reason, was not even searched and there were no photos of me either. I have gone many times to the DR and never had aany problems neither at home. I have tried to contact the DR Immigration but have been unsuccesful Any idea how should I work this situation?

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
hmmm yeah right - so you didnt ask for a reason- very likely, are you coco the clown by any chance

coco2003

Nov 30, 2009
Listen, I am not joking about this. I wouldn't be so stupid to bring an issue like this had I done something wrong.

coco2003

Nov 30, 2009
They said nothing. I was with my wife and was told that I could not go in. They shipped me back. As simple as that. I guess I will hire a lawyer, but who to trust is quite difficult. I have no interests in the DR nor will have, it is just that I don't like this situation. Had I done something, I understand. I haven't even received a traffic ticket here in the USA nor in any other nation that I frequently visit.

coco2003

Nov 30, 2009
Thanks for the thread. I do have a common name and also dual nationality. USA and Spain. Most of my friends (dominicans) and also the people from the Dominican Consulate think, that my name is the same as someone else. Before Customs shipped me back, they looked confused that I wasn't even searched, something quite obvious to do. Incidentally, the DR consulate told me that there is nothing they can do and that I have to contact the "Direccion General de Migracion" (I did, no one answers and also email them, no one answers). I'll wait for someone who can respond with a reasonable answer.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
This was not an Impedimento de Salida, but an Impedimento de Entrada. never of such a thing...It seems that if you have any issues pending with The Dominican justice they would have nabbed you and taken you to jail...very strange...

coco2003

Nov 30, 2009
Through the office of my Congressman, the US Embassy was contacted and they called me today. The US Embassy requested to the DR Migration to explain why I was not allowed into the country. They answered that they do not know and advise for me to write in spanish my full name, date and place of birth and passport information to the Director of Migrations. Well, doesn't the airport computers are in a network with their main headquarters? Boy, am I glad that I do not own any property in the DR, that is how easy I could have lost it. I will write them through the Embassy and will let you know their next answer.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Did you get angry with the immigration officer when he was questioning you?? look in the DR a police man, a military guy or whatever uniform, they make their own rules and they don't care about human rights.

JJ

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
how could you own property if you cant get in- and why would you lose it, you just wouldnt be able to stay in it.
why would you be thinking of buying property in a place you cant get into.
They let anyone in - its the other way round that may be more difficult.

more holes in this than swiss cheese

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
how could you own property if you cant get in- and why would you lose it, you just wouldnt be able to stay in it.

JR.. He mentioned he has been there before. :glasses:

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR

What are you talking about. You don't even know this man and you ridicule him. Not cool... Read his posts, closely, he never says once he owns property, desires to own property, or is thinking about buying property. He is putting down their computer system injecting a ridicule of the system.

waytogo

Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Well, doesn't the airport computers are in a network with their main headquarters? Boy, am I glad that I do not own any property in the DR, that is how easy I could have lost it.

This is what he states. He is being sarcastic of the system. No more......

waytogo

Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Maybe I’m a little naive, but maybe coco2003 had an unwarranted experience and is really looking here for some helpful answers from this esteem panel instead of his every word being picked apart like a Thanksgiving Day turkey. I can’t even imagine the anguish he must have felt making plans, going through the lines at customs on his end, and expecting to have a good time with family and friends and the customs idiots at the airport here let his wife in and then tell him he has to leave. I would have raised holy hell.
I think he has suffered enough without being ridiculed and basically being told he is a liar and hiding something when nobody here really knows what happened, and apparently not even him.

It also seems like anyone new with under double digit postings gets pounced on. Not cool.......