Pepper Spray Story: Real Life

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I didn't want to hijack the Pepper Spray thread, so I'll start this one. But that thread reminded me of a little "incident" that happened to us in late September.

I was watching the Florida Gator football game online one quiet Saturday evening and about 10 feet away from me in the jam of the slider going out to the back patio, I heard a loud "BWOOOSH" bomb thing go off. Toby was beating feet away, the cat screamed past me and Perla ran out the front.

I looked up and a small cloud emerged from just outside the door.

Alida came running in from the kitchen screaming "RUN OUTSIDE! RUN OUTSIDE!". She ran past and turned on a floor fan pointed toward the back door.

I was like "WTF!!!!" I got up and went toward the door. Then it hit me: my eyes, nose and face started burning. BAD. I mean BAD!

I went out with Alida wondering Tear Gas??? Who in the Sam Hell would toss tear gas into the porch??? The weekend cabana renters next door who seemed to be so civil and orderly?

So I walked around the house, face on fire...and nothing.

15 minutes later I go back in and it's OK, although I still burned all over. I went to the porch and there it is: Alida's small pepperspray canister she keeps on her nightstand. With two bite mark punctures.

Toby had gone in, taken it off the nightstand, took it outside...and pierced it with his teeth. It 'spoded in his mouth, and he was none too happy about it, I assure you (although he was OK...)

But wait! There's more: after the excitement settled and I was ready to take a shower. My face was sweaty and tingly so I wiped it with my T-Shirt when I took it off.

Big Mistake.

It had pepper spray residue on it, and my face was on fire worse than before for another 15 minutes...

Did I say thay crap burns :speechles:hurt::surprised???

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Hate to laugh at someone's misfortune, but there is some humour in this incident. My brother pulled out his can of bear spray to get a dog about to bite him and sprayed himself, it did get the dog a bit and thus prevented the dogbite but he was in agony for about 4 hours.

Mr. Lu

Bronze
Mar 26, 2007

I didn't want to hijack the Pepper Spray thread, so I'll start this one. But that thread reminded me of a little "incident" that happened to us in late September.

I was watching the Florida Gator football game online one quiet Saturday evening and about 10 feet away from me in the jam of the slider going out to the back patio, I heard a loud "BWOOOSH" bomb thing go off. Toby was beating feet away, the cat screamed past me and Perla ran out the front.

I looked up and a small cloud emerged from just outside the door.

Alida came running in from the kitchen screaming "RUN OUTSIDE! RUN OUTSIDE!". She ran past and turned on a floor fan pointed toward the back door.

I was like "WTF!!!!" I got up and went toward the door. Then it hit me: my eyes, nose and face started burning. BAD. I mean BAD!

I went out with Alida wondering Tear Gas??? Who in the Sam Hell would toss tear gas into the porch??? The weekend cabana renters next door who seemed to be so civil and orderly?

So I walked around the house, face on fire...and nothing.

15 minutes later I go back in and it's OK, although I still burned all over. I went to the porch and there it is: Alida's small pepperspray canister she keeps on her nightstand. With two bite mark punctures.

Toby had gone in, taken it off the nightstand, took it outside...and pierced it with his teeth. It 'spoded in his mouth, and he was none too happy about it, I assure you (although he was OK...)

But wait! There's more: after the excitement settled and I was ready to take a shower. My face was sweaty and tingly so I wiped it with my T-Shirt when I took it off.

Big Mistake.

It had pepper spray residue on it, and my face was on fire worse than before for another 15 minutes...

Did I say thay crap burns :speechles:hurt::surprised???

I don't want to sound insensitive, and not ask about your safety, but how's Toby???? Was he ok????? And where was Perla throughout all of this???

Hope they are ok!

Mr. Lu

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
I don't want to sound insensitive, and not ask about your safety, but how's Toby???? Was he ok????? And where was Perla throughout all of this???

Hope they are ok!

Mr. Lu
Everybody is fine. Toby wasn't happy for a while, you'd have thought he licked peanut butter spiked with tabasco or something the way he carried on. Hopefully he learned a lesson. Perla and the cat (now named Ray, you were there for the adoption:)) ran out with the first sound/sniff of the stuff.

It was serious at the time, but hilarious later...especially when I wiped my face...

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Hate to laugh at someone's misfortune, but there is some humour in this incident. My brother pulled out his can of bear spray to get a dog about to bite him and sprayed himself, it did get the dog a bit and thus prevented the dogbite but he was in agony for about 4 hours.
If you didn't laugh, you didn't catch how funny the situation was...;)

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
so I know you have a video-camera... how come your esposa did not think of filming this, and letting us enjoy this event....;)

Toby has risen in my esteem... I did not know he was a practical joker...