Living in POP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rbh44

Mar 28, 2007
Would like to hear from anyone that currently lives in POP. Would like info about different areas and apartments. PM me please.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
I wrote something about the different parts of Puerto Plata a few months ago on this thread, post 7:
http://www.dr1.com/forums/north-coast/94725-best-place-expats-north-coast-3-a.html

If you use the search function you will find a number of other posters' views and there have been several threads about apartments. Since the information has already been posted, you might not get many PMs, other than from people trying to sell/rent you something, and there are board rules about that sort of thing. I'm not being unkind, just trying to prevent you being disappointed.

london777

Bronze
Dec 22, 2005
Would like to hear from anyone that currently lives in POP. Would like info about different areas and apartments. PM me please.
Your question is too generalised. You might get a better response if you indicate:
1) Your approximate price-range
2) Your minimum requirements (number of bedrooms, bathrooms, pool?, garage? furnished? security arrangements, etc)
3) Whether you are fluent in Spanish and would be comfortable living in a "Dominican" neighbourhoood (probably a lot cheaper but presenting various "challenges" in respect of conflicting lifestyles, security, etc)

Rbh44

Mar 28, 2007
Pop

The reason I asked is because I have seen apartment listings in Puerto Plata and was curious about the area they are in and if the cost is in line with other apartments in the same area. I will send a link to the listings if someone is interested in taking a look....PM me. Thanks

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
You could always mention the areas & get peoples' views on whether they are good places to live for example Torre Alta & Bayardo are nice areas, so is Urbanizacion Atlantica but slightly more middle of the range. Aguas Negras wouldn't really be suitable for an expat to live in.

But nothing beats going and looking at all these places for yourself, of course.

Last edited:

london777

Bronze
Dec 22, 2005
As a general rule any prices listed on the internet would be negotiable. Also you could achieve better prices by walking the areas and looking for for sale/to let signs (which of these are you interested in, by the way?) and negotiating direct (by-passing the agents).

Status
Not open for further replies.