Some reservation questions and more..

amberrenae

Nov 17, 2009
Hi all,

I am trying to put together my first trip to DR, and so I have a few little questions about logistics.

First, bus reservations. I was looking to use Metro - going from Santo Domingo to Cabarete, then later Caberete to Jarabacoa, then Jarabacoa to Santo domingo. I will be using the bus the 17-24 of Dec. What concerns me most is the 24th since it is so close to Christmas. Do I need to make reservations ahead of time. Or can I just purchase a ticket when I first get to the city (about two days ahead).

Second, Whitewater rafting. Too cold in December in Jarabacoa? And are water levels ok? Do I need to reserve ahead of time? And is it ok if I am by myself (as in will they pair me with another group, and let me make reservations if I am by myself). I was thinking of doing the Rancho Baiguete, since its the one Ive heard the most about.

Third, scuba diving in Sosua. Do I need to make reservations for just a 3 hour tour one day, or can I just go up to them on the beach to do it. Also, do I have to be certified to just do a trip like this? I tried to ask North Coast diving these questions on their website, but received no response.

Just trying to fill in some holes in my plans. Please help with these questions. I haven't been able to really find details elsewhere. I am sure I will have more questions to come as well. Thanks!

Amber

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Travel will be difficult on the 24th. You can bet on that.
Unfortunately, I do not know if the companies will allow you to purchase tickets that far in advance. Usually 24 hours for Metro, but I am not sure about Caribe Tours. Call them as soon as you get in country.

Have fun...

HB