From Puerto Plata to Dajabon

Status
Not open for further replies.

globaljones

Dec 4, 2009
Hi everybody,
I registered because i need some urgent information on this traject.

I am from Europe and living in Port-au-Prince as part of my studies for the last eight months. I had to leave urgently and was lucky to have a friend at AirCanada. The closest destination to get back to now is Puerto Plata on Sunday. Which is actually nice: it allows me to make a nice detour towards PAP. I am very familiar with travelling on taptaps, so no worries about that.

Now, I would normally arrive in POP airport at 11.45 am. I was hoping this gives me enough time to make it to Cap Haitien. Does anybody know if this is feasible?

Im a bit on a low budget, and want to avoid having to spend nights in expensive hotels. Hence I want to get out of PP the same day.

Therefore:
- Are there any buses from POP airport towards Dajabon or Navarete? Or is it necessary to get to the city? I read somewhere to get to 'La Javilla'. Around what time would I be able to leave after arrival/ arrive at Dajabon?

Many thanks for the information. Leaving tomorrow, so hoping for a fast reply here.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Basically: No.
However the Dominican versions of taptaps do go along the highway into Puerto Plata and then from Puerto Plata to Navarrete and from Navarrete you should be able to get to Dajabon fairly easily...there are buses--small ones that leave every 1/2 hour.
Another alternative would be to take a taxi to POP, to the Caribe Tour station, take a bus to Santiago, then switch to a bus to Dajabon-Loma de Cabrera.
OR, you could spend the night in Santiago and take the Caribe Tour bus directly to Cap Haitian. It leaves once a day from the Station in Las Colinas.

I do not think you can make the border by 5, but you might if you go the POP-Navarrete-Dajabon route on local buses.
However, I am sure you will have a wonderful adventure no matter what.

HB

Reactions: TOOBER_SDQ

globaljones

Dec 4, 2009
Thanks!
I don't want to spend too much time visiting places, but don't want to miss this part of Haiti while living in PAP; especially the part Dajabon-Ouanamith. I was therefore also thinking I might probably be interesting to stay in Dajabon on Sunday and travel early on Monday to auCap. Although I didn't find much information on hotels in Dajabon, I assume I will find something overthere?

Thanks again!
J

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Terra Bus used to go from Puerto Plata to Dajabon/Ouanaminthe and on to Cap Hatien so when I was out and about in Puerto Plata this morning I went to the top of 27 de Febrero where the bus station used to be to check the times for you and.............it's moved! Just wasn't there. I don't know if this means the service is supended or what but maybe you could call Terra Bus in Santo Domingo to enquire. The number could be 809-531-0383 but do a google search.

Mountainannie mentions the Bonanza hotel here
http://www.dr1.com/forums/north-coast/56347-trip-dajabon-market.html

Status
Not open for further replies.