Looking for Long term at leat six month in Sosua

Harp Bill

Dec 2, 2009
Hi,

I am looking for a long term rental in Sosua (In town preferred). I am willing to spend up to $500 a month. Looking for 1-2 bedroom. I can be reached at (Anyone who wishes to contact the poster can do so by sending a PM or e-mail by clicking on the poster's name, above left)

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

DRNED

Oct 28, 2009
If I were you I?d be tempted to wing it until you get to Sosua. Everything I have seen online is massively overpriced in comparrison to the reality once here. You can find hotels for next to nothing for a few nights until you find where you want to be.
I?m not familiar with the rentals in Sosua at all, but after our experience in Santo Domingo it really is worth just turning up and asking around.
I can?t state how overly priced the rentals appear to be online. I expect manyu will disagree with this statement, but I?d expect those that do have something to make from it.
Try to avoid expat and rent from dominicans, negotiation is crazy and if done aggressively but politely you can grab a good deal.
I?ll mention again I don?t know the market in Sosua, but expect it is not unlike the city as far as negotiating goes.
Good luck with all.

May 29, 2006
I stayed in a small condo at The Palms for $400 a month and it was quite nice and fully appointed right down to having a can opener, linens and a satellite TV. It also had a common swimming pool and washer/dryer. It was small at about 12x25 feet but very clean and well maintained. My landlord was the owner of The Britannia which you can reach online. I don't know what he charges now for it. It was about a 1/2 mile from downtown but it was only a 30 peso motoconcho ride.

There are some bargains out there if you really want to look into it, but you should only rent from places that other ex-pats will recommend. I wouldn't stay at any place unless there was decent security.