good restaurant in cabarete

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmey27

Oct 12, 2006
I want to take my novia to a classy restaurant in Cabarete for her birthday....any suggestions.

Caz

May 15, 2004
Best food on the north coast - La Casita de Papi on the beach - fancy surroundings but less good food - Bliss. Neither are cheap!

Reactions: mike l

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
You might also consider Emboca on the ocean just east of town. Very good food, very nice atmosphere (very romantic) and VERY $$$

Bob K

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
If money is not an issue, then go to Otra Cosa, on the ocean across from The Valero resort...best restaurant on the North Coast. I like Papi's more though, but it's not particularly romantic. After these two, Bliss as Caz mentioned...probably the best deal of the nicer places in Cabarete... or Maraja, next to the Viva Wyndham. Embocca is in an incredible location, but the restaurant is hit or miss.

Ben

Feb 2, 2004
I agree Bliss and Embocca are the 2 restaurants with best atmosphere and service. I've always found the food to be excellent as well.

mamielizabeth

Feb 9, 2008
serinade

I also like serinade at hotel villa taina, they have very nice food ,and often have special nights ,one of my favorites for sure with comparable prices and excellent service.

aross

Nov 15, 2007
Best food on the north coast - La Casita de Papi on the beach - fancy surroundings but less good food - Bliss. Neither are cheap!

Yes, I agree 100%, Casita de Papi is the place to go if you want something special on the beach. Order the shrimp special it is out of this world. And if you do not like to get all messy, order it with the shrimp already peeled, no extra price.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Casita de Papi's shrimps (prawns for the English) with that wonderful sauce are to 'die for' which is why I chose to go there for my birthday meal last Wednesday - I have never been disappointed at Papi's either with the quality and quantity of the food or the service. We tend to find that the portions are so generous that 3 between 4 or 4 between 5 orders are more than adequate which makes it less expensive than some other restaurants.

The complimentary small hors d'oeuvres are good and the bread is essential for moping up the sauce!! Totally agree with the shrimps being partly peeled as saves a lot of mess!

Whilst other restaurants along the beach in Cabarete were quite empty on Wednesday, Papi's tables were full so guess many agree that 'it is the best'.

DannyS

Jun 19, 2007
Best

Depending, food or surrounding. Food, I'd also vote for Papi's but for romantic scenery, consider the resturant at Sea Horse. Eat there recently, was only my wife and I the whole two hours we were there (week night) and we eat early (6PM). Food was good (a bit pricey) but sundown over the water, very nice atmosphere for a special night.

B

BettyDiamond

I didnt know there was a restaurant in sea horse ranch, no wonder you were alone

DannyS

Jun 19, 2007
just us and

Just us and the three security guards along the way. But was no hassle "Quiero ir al restaurante" and we were waved on our way.

aross

Nov 15, 2007
I didnt know there was a restaurant in sea horse ranch, no wonder you were alone

It has been one of the best kept secrets in the area for the SHR owners and their guests only. Now the Management of SHR have opened the restaurant (newly renovated) to the public and they are welcoming people to come and enjoy the great food, wonderful ambience and spectacular views, right on the ocean. But as the Admiral says, you will be passed from guard to guard so I wouldn't stray off the road to the restaurant.

DannyS

Jun 19, 2007
under 100

Under a $100 USD, Yea, Had a salad (really could have been split between two), 2 entries, and an expresso, under $60 USD spent. Don't remember if service charge built in or we did it but one way or another that's in the $60 also. Can't speak to the drinks but can't image you'd spend $40 on a couple drinks but maybe if you meant a couple drinks each depending upon drinks i guess you could. Like I said, a bit pricey for Cabarete but for an occasion, not way out of line. I think we spent more at Waterfront last Valentines.

BTW, the food was good, real good but you are really paying for the location. We asked about if they were doing something special on New Year's Eve and they are but sounded like more than we would be interested in, not being drinkers we always lose out on that kind of pricing but sounded pretty good, food, drinks, music and dancing.

Status
Not open for further replies.