Name Change Process

Solomente

Sep 12, 2005
My Stepson was born in the Dominican Republic and has his mother?s maiden name.
On the birth certificate is no mention of his biological fathers name. We are all now living in the USA and both my wife and her son are legal residents. I just legally had given my stepson my last name here in the USA. My problem is how do I get his named changed in the Dominican Republic. We are scheduled to be in Santo Domingo in February and our stay will be for one week. Will we be able to do this trip and will we be able to have his name changed in DR? His wish for Christmas was that we all would have the same last name, not thinking this whole process out?I proceeded blindly. I would appreciate any input.
Solomente

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
My Stepson was born in the Dominican Republic and has his mother?s maiden name.
On the birth certificate is no mention of his biological fathers name. We are all now living in the USA and both my wife and her son are legal residents. I just legally had given my stepson my last name here in the USA. My problem is how do I get his named changed in the Dominican Republic. We are scheduled to be in Santo Domingo in February and our stay will be for one week. Will we be able to do this trip and will we be able to have his name changed in DR? His wish for Christmas was that we all would have the same last name, not thinking this whole process out?I proceeded blindly. I would appreciate any input.
Solomente

Have you approached the closest Dominican Consulate with your request yet?

... J-D.