Rocky's Annual Toys For Children Christmas

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Every year at Christmas there is a Christmas tree in Rocky's blues bar hotel and restaruant in Sosua.

Several people donate presents, wrapping paper or time to wrap all of the presents and as we get closer to Christmas it's exciting to see all the elf's placing more presents under that tree.

I don't know how it's going to work this year but at Rocky's Thanksgiving Feast there was a donation box which I threw in $RD 500 which will buy a pre packaged baseball bat, glove and ball.

In the past the volunteers on New Year's eve would distribue all of these wrapped presents in the poorest areas where it's as primitive as can be!

There are probabally some pic's out there...!

Mar 2, 2008
Unfortunately, there weren't many who contributed at the Thanksgiving dinner, as Mike I did. I'm not sure of the exact amount raised, but I think it was only about 2000 pesos.

Anyone who can afford it should consider giving a small donation. Every little bit helps, and it is a great cause.

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
I would be willing to give a carton of MiniWiz Puzzles (24) if someone can pick it up in Puerto Plata, weekend of 18th as I will be in Playa Dorada.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
If no-one from Sosua can get to Playa Dorada that weekend, I'm nearby so either BushBaby or I could collect and hold them for someone from Sosua to collect the following week.

Dafishguy

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
I would be willing to give a carton of MiniWiz Puzzles (24) if someone can pick it up in Puerto Plata, weekend of 18th as I will be in Playa Dorada.

Consider it done Hlywud. Thank you for the kind offer juanita. If you could let me know where and when I'll be there.

I KNOW the kids will really appreciate it a lot.

Rick

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
Consider it done Hlywud. Thank you for the kind offer juanita. If you could let me know where and when I'll be there.

I KNOW the kids will really appreciate it a lot.

Rick

I will be in the Grand Paradise arriving on the evening of the 18th till Sunday 20th mid-day. You let me know when it?s good for YOU as my plans are basically to hang out around the pool! Decide on the time and day and we meet in reception.

snowbird44

Oct 29, 2004
I was at Rocky's yesterday and saw the Christmas tree and all the Teddy Bears in their strollers sitting there. I will definitely contribute financially.