Family reunification re-Immigration to the USA

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Can someone explain how this family reunification program works?
When I went to my interview in the American consulate in SD I got both of my petitions approved (K-3 and CR-1 Visa) submitted for wife who is an American citizen, the consul gave me the option to choose...

Here is my point: My two daughters who are of my previous marriage where included in the K-3 petition, this way we where able to fly all together, but we will have to change the status when in the US, them the consul said if go for the CR-1 Visa you will have the green card and the Social security card immediately after entering in the US, but your daughter can't go with you at this time.
My decision was CR-1 Visa, I was not interested in bringing the girls at this time, but now I?M stabilized and willing to do it.

Some advice will be highly appreciated.

JJ

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Here is some info for you on family based immigrants. You can also visit this site to ask the question about your children.

Good luck
Thanks Annac this link was very helpful, we will file for my older daughter in the mean time as the small one haven't finish the high school jet.
I'm not sure if this is going to be a new case or we can continuous the petition when my wife file in my favor and as said in my preview post they were included too.

JJ