Setting up to work from home, making contacts etc.

DRNED

Oct 28, 2009
I am considering setting up to beable to work from home. I see some people employ others to work the call centre lines from home. I would like to know what is needed to set up, who I can contact, who I might find work with etc etc. We have 24 hour internet, 24hour electricity (with backup), landline connection available etc.

Can anyone help me at all?

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
I am considering setting up to beable to work from home. I see some people employ others to work the call centre lines from home. I would like to know what is needed to set up, who I can contact, who I might find work with etc etc. We have 24 hour internet, 24hour electricity (with backup), landline connection available etc.

Can anyone help me at all?

To work from home you need enough bandwidth for voip.

Get a vonage box shipped to you so you will have unlimited calling to the U.S. ( forget skype, majic jack etc)

I hire from time to time but wan't have anything available until after the holidays.

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
To work from home you need enough bandwidth for voip.

Get a vonage box shipped to you so you will have unlimited calling to the U.S. ( forget skype, majic jack etc)

I hire from time to time but wan't have anything available until after the holidays.

Just a technical question, why not MagicJack?

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Just a technical question, why not MagicJack?

Every time you make a call a screen pops up and you have to click on it to get the box off the screen.

The people I employee call off an excel spreadsheet and need to see the numbers to call and that annoying pop up is just one more click you can avoid.

They need to make about 30 calls an hour and be available to speak with me and majick jack does not have call waiting or any of the other bells and whistles like calls made for the day for verification. ( unless the've added these features)

Majic jack may be ok for some calls but not for commercial purposes and I would not consider anyone for employment who has it.

Last edited: