Call one number for FREE on Codetel Cell Phones

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
I am sure that some of you already do this, but I know that most people don't, since all my friends have "prepaid" cell phones and didn't know anything about it.........

.......SO, today I got all the information and then programmed all their phones for the "1" number that is allowed. I AM POSTING THIS, since it is NOT NECESSARY to call Codetel to do it..........IF YOU DO, they will ask one thousand questions about your account........half of which no reasonable person would know the answers if you've had the account for a while....ie: mothers name, date of birth of your dog etc..........!! (ha ha).....

.........and after going through all that, they tell you how to do it....after having to make about 5 calls the first time since none of the answers to the questions they asked matched!!!

SO PLEASE READ CAREFULLY:

THE PROGRAM IS "HABLA GRATIS SUPER FAVORITOS"

1. This PARTICULAR procedure is for the PREPAID cards only.....( I myself have phones with accounts and they are different.....and are allowed 2 to 3 numbers depending on what plan you have AND THIS PROCEDURE DOES NOT APPLY).......

2. YOU MUST HAVE a $25.00RD balance or higher in your phone at the time you do this procedure...

3. The cost to ACTIVATE this "free number" is $25.00RD which is a one time charge. IF LATER, YOU DECIDE TO CHANGE THE NUMBER to another number, the cost to change is $50.00RD

4. You can call this number and talk FOR 1 TO 5 MINUTES..........IF YOU TALK 6 MINUTES OR MORE, YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR THE MINUTES OVER 5 MINUTES.......*******YOU CAN HANG UP BEFORE 5 MINUTES AND CALL AGAIN FOR FREE FOR ANOTHER 1-5 MINUTES.....ETC.......AS MANY TIMES AS YOU WANT.....

5. The number you program can be ANY CODETEL/CLARO cellphone, residence line or business line.

7. FROM YOUR PHONE DIAL *777# AND THEN PUSH SEND.....
8. FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS AND PUT IN THE NUMBER ***YOU WANT TO CALL FOR FREE****** AND "SEND OR REPLY" OR WHATEVER IT TELLS YOU TO DO........

9. IT IS NOW COMPLETED UPON EXIT.........

10.. CHECK YOUR BALANCE.......
11. CALL THE NUMBER YOU ENTERED AND TALK OR LEAVE A MESSAGE
12. CHECK YOUR BALANCE AGAIN.......IT SHOULD BE THE SAME.........

IT IS MUCH LESS COMPLICATED THAN THIS POSTS MAKES IT SEEM, BUT I HAVE TRIED TO EXPLAIN IT COMPLETELY SO THAT THERE AREN'T ANY QUESTIONS..........

WE DID 3 PHONES THIS MORNING AND IT WORKS FINE!

GOOD LUCK

johnny

Bronze
Feb 8, 2003
hausenland.com
what about for for cel. with factura?
what is the procedure? I dont want to call codetel. i am dominican and speak spanish, but I dont want to waste my time with the bunch of idiots that you have to deal with. always get mad when i call codetel.

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
I wish there would be a similar trick with Orange cell-phones (my whole family have Orange's)

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
A bit more complicated.........

what about for for cel. with factura?
what is the procedure? I dont want to call codetel. i am dominican and speak spanish, but I dont want to waste my time with the bunch of idiots that you have to deal with. always get mad when i call codetel.

.........I tried understanding it.......but it seems to me that you have to do something with your plan.............if you have 1000 or more minutes you get 3 numbers, and if less, you get 2........

You can't use this procedure, I tried, and it gives you a message that it's only used for "prepaid"........

Looks like you have no choice but to call "customer service"!

They have a English line too..............and you'll probably find this funny, but this morning I called the English line to find out how to do it with the "factura" phone and I said "Hi, I have a question"..........and she says "you have a question? hold on"..........and puts me with another person so I tell her the same thing, and she puts me with a third...........

........that's the person that told me about the minutes required for 2 and 3 numbers on a "factura" phone.............they add a cost PER MONTH to those of about 150RD........she said that I don't even use the minutes I have since most of my calls are to the US and don't count......so it wasn't worth it for me to add the service.........

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
I wish there would be a similar trick with Orange cell-phones (my whole family have Orange's)

Its not free but orange does have a favorite number option, that is quite a bit cheaper for text, and call. to register your favorite number cal #104

sylindr

Nov 29, 2007
orange

Its not free but orange does have a favorite number option, that is quite a bit cheaper for text, and call. to register your favorite number cal #104

I tried this and it did not work, it says the number is incomplete

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
Orange's favorite number is #104#

But when I tried, I was told my plan doesn't include that feature (I am using Plan Flex)