*** New Look DR1 ***

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Later today we will be testing a new front page on DR1.

This is a beta test, so I have no doubt it will undergo some changes
as we test and see how it performs.

This will be the first stage in rolling out a new look for the
entire site over the coming months.

It's a radical change, but I have a feeling you will like it.

Post your comments, likes and dislikes in this thread.

Thanks!

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
It looks all web 2.0 and stuff. It's great. But it makes me feel old cause I have to read the page now and figure out how to do stuff.

DR1 is one of the urls that I type without thinking whenever I log in to the internet, along with slashdot and other sites I check all day for updates.

It's going to take a while to get used to the change.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Obviously I will adjust & get used to it, but for now my immediate reaction is that it has too much on it. For example, are the individual news headlines necessary, rather than just a link to go to the news page? Same with travel news, most popular, forum latest etc. I'm wondering if it would strike new users as too 'busy' and they might turn off?

viajar

Feb 19, 2009
Looks very good, a nice change.

Note; I went to the map then to the hotel section and then tried to navigate back to the home page. The problem was the home button does not link back to the home page but to the search hotels page. dr1travel.com/index

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Obviously I will adjust & get used to it, but for now my immediate reaction is that it has too much on it. For example, are the individual news headlines necessary, rather than just a link to go to the news page? Same with travel news, most popular, forum latest etc. I'm wondering if it would strike new users as too 'busy' and they might turn off?

The news stories will eventually be going to individual pages, hence the individual links.

The page is busier as these days we have more to offer :)
The news took up a lot of valuable front page real estate and is not the main reason people visit DR1.

Expect the front page and site to evolve over the coming months.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Looks very good, a nice change.

Note; I went to the map then to the hotel section and then tried to navigate back to the home page. The problem was the home button does not link back to the home page but to the search hotels page. dr1travel.com/index

Thanks for the feedback.

The "Home" links are something we are working on.
I agree, right now it's a little confusing if you are taken to dr1travel.com

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
It looks all web 2.0 and stuff. It's great. But it makes me feel old cause I have to read the page now and figure out how to do stuff.

DR1 is one of the urls that I type without thinking whenever I log in to the internet, along with slashdot and other sites I check all day for updates.

It's going to take a while to get used to the change.

More changes on the way and more web 2.0 stuff :)

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
Rob,

Love the new look and feel. It might seem too busy in the front page but that isn't a bad thing. People will get used to it. The more the merrier :)