weird forum, this

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
a question was asked about a cheap way to send mail etc from the US to the RD. there were 36 posts! i asked a question asking a cheap way to send mail etc from the RD to the US and Europe. not one answer. does that mean that i am the only ex-pat on this island who ever wan5ts to answer letters ??

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
granca I didn't notice your other thread before and I'm sure chiri didn't either. There were some extra letters and numbers in that post which made it extra extra long, so long in fact I could hardly find the reply button. Maybe that was the problem.

It's all fixed now and if this thread gets you the answer we'll delete the other. ;)

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I think all of the companies, Business Mail, EPS and CPS have some service to the US. It is expensive but trustworthy.
With the Internet, not too many people even use "snail mail" ....

HB

Mar 2, 2008
I believe Hillbilly is correct. All the companies that bring mail in ship mail out.

So, I guess that means just check out the past threads on shipping in, and do the math in reverse.

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
a question was asked about a cheap way to send mail etc from the US to the RD. there were 36 posts! i asked a question asking a cheap way to send mail etc from the RD to the US and Europe. not one answer. does that mean that i am the only ex-pat on this island who ever wan5ts to answer letters ??

I use the Dominican postal service,the one requiring a receipt,for about 80 pesos for a large envelope...Have been using them for years and have had great service using that system.I use the post office in zona colonial,but there are a few around SD as well as the main one at the Feria.
bob

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
a friend of mine is collecting cards and envelopes here in the bavaro area and brings them once a week to st dgo.
standard envelope around $1.- to europe.
he delivers the stuff to St Dgo on fridays, usually the mail arrives in my case in germany next wednesday/thursday, never got one missing.
Mike