Massachusetts' First Latino Mayor

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
(Sorry if this is a duplicate post)

Lawrence, Massachusetts, recently elected the Commonwealth's first Latino mayor, a Dominican named William Lantigua who moved to the states at the age of 19. Success story? Not really...

What should be a proud day has turned predictably sour. He refuses to vacate his seat in the State Legislature and plans on double-dipping as long as he can (including two pensions).

Read the whole story here.

We have plenty of corrupt white/black/yellow politicians, but you'd think he might feel a little responsibility to represent his "gente" better...especially after promising during the campaign to vacate his seat in the State Legislature.

RHM

Mar 2, 2008
Thank you for the story, RHM.

By the way, how are things going up there in my old neck of the woods? Don't you just love the snow. It is so, so, so, ...... well, it sucks.

I still owe you a beer whenever you decide to come back. We still have yet to meet, face to face.

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
All is well up here in the Bay State, thanks for asking.

My wife and I finally finished the immigration stuff and we're 90% settled.

I don't miss the DR very much. Six years was enough and we always have the option to return and/or visit with family.

RHM

Mr. Lu

Bronze
Mar 26, 2007

(Sorry if this is a duplicate post)

Lawrence, Massachusetts, recently elected the Commonwealth's first Latino mayor, a Dominican named William Lantigua who moved to the states at the age of 19. Success story? Not really...

What should be a proud day has turned predictably sour. He refuses to vacate his seat in the State Legislature and plans on double-dipping as long as he can (including two pensions).

Read the whole story here.

We have plenty of corrupt white/black/yellow politicians, but you'd think he might feel a little responsibility to represent his "gente" better...especially after promising during the campaign to vacate his seat in the State Legislature.

RHM

What a scum bag.....Why does this bother me so much?

Lu

Mar 2, 2008
Mr. Lu, if I may, I think that since you are Dominican, you are bothered by the fact that you are being misrepresented by some pretenders.

From what I have observed, Dominicans know the real meaning of representing, and it must be terribly disturbing to have pretenders misrepresent the concept of being Dominican.

If I am incorrect in my assumption, I apologize. I mean no disrespect.

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
I think the guy is an ego maniac. He has been a state representative for a while now. Politics is Massachusetts has a way of inflating heads. It really has nothing to do with him being a Dominican. Add in the greed factor and that explains why he wants to do both jobs. I am sure the state will find it a conflict of intrest and not allow him to hold both positions.
Don't worry, he will get $$$ when he leaves his state rep. job. They all do.
Politics here are as crooked as they are in the DR. They are just better at secrets.
I am in no way saying that this man in particular is a crooked politician. I know nothing about him or how he got to where he is. I would have to assume that he did something right.

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
The plot thickens...

People are understandable mad at this guy. I spoke to a buddy who is reasonably well-connected in those circles in Lawrence and a lot of other officials are ****ed at him. They supported his candidacy because, behind closed doors, he promised that he would vacate the state senate seat. Nice.

I am embarrassed too, Lu. I'm not Dominican, but I have a lot of obvious connections to the country (including a Dominican wife). This guy is an embarrassment (PRD, by the way).

RHM

arrozconpollo

Feb 11, 2010
Here is his latest scandal. He helped to cover up the fact that on Friday, 1/22/2010, a goon squad of Massachusetts General Hospital security guards showed up at the Lawrence train station prior to the 7:00 AM commuter train to Boston. They were handing out flyers stating that one of their employees was under investigation for racism. The employee was me. I had filed a federal civil rights complaint the previous Friday with the EEOC on Boston. this was nothing more that retaliation and character asassination. I am not Dominican but I live in Lawrence which is 80% Latino and 60% Dominican. When I wrote a letter of complaint to the Deputy Chief of Police, Melix Bonilla (also Lantigua's campaign manager) he took the information I had given him to Willie Lantigua and together they took a trip to Boston to shake down the Mass General Hospital money tree. The local newspaper, the Eagle-Tribune was also bought off. A political enemy of Lantigua's, Marcos Devers, found out about the MGH hush money payout, found a copy of the flyer, photocopied hundreds more copies and blanketed the Latino neighborhoods of Lawrence with the flyer. So now, I cannot even go out of my house. I am asking if anyone was there at the train station that morning and has cell phone pictures or video or a copy of the flyer, please post it anonymously on YouTube. I will pay $100 for first posting on YouTube of pictures of MGH security guards at Lawrence train station and $100 for first posting of flyer. I don't expect anyone in Lawrence to go out of their way for a person outside of their own community but my employer is telling me to go check myself into a psychiatric hospital and get treatment for paranoia. There are so many people in Lawrence who know what happened. Willie Lantigua got paid off. Melix Bonilla got paid off. The Eagle-Tribune got paid off. Shouldn't you get something out of this as well? Thank you and God Bless You.