Help! Amount of Xmas gift for building staff?

bob2000

Dec 10, 2009
I recently moved in a building with 6 apts, of which 2 are empty, and a staff of 2: a super during the day and a security guard at night. They're both OK, nothing special. The super sometimes washes my car without me asking but if he does so I pay him 100 peso for the service.

I figured I should offer them a little something for the holiday. Actually I had it figured out even before the security guard told me plainly that since it was customary at this time of year to receive a little cash to "buy some apples and stuff", he'd even take the trash downstairs for me.

The question is how much? At first I was going to go for 1000 peso but a friend of mine told me it was too much. 500 peso?

Any hint is very appreciated!

Bob 2 0 0 0 :cool:

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
500 pesos for each is enough, now if you want to give out 1000 pesos and feel it won't set you back, go for it,after all is the holidays but be assured of never repeating the same gift until the next Christmas.

B

BettyDiamond

you pay him to do things you dont want doing ? he is going to start doing a lot of jobs you dont want doing and expecting money.
Plus they will expect a rise next year so dont tip too much

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
BettyDiamond advice is good, give the guy the $1000, and then when he washes your car again without asking tell him you are out of money, and the next time he should let you know before washing the car.