Santo Domingo ZOO

Feb 7, 2007
I found some pictures online while looking for ZOO info and I think they are quite nice. Were taken in 2009 so are recent ones. I read before on other threads that the ZOO was dirty and run-down, does not look like that form these pics.

Now, anyone knows where exactly is the ZOO located, what is the phone number and entrance cost?

ZOO

tjmurray

Bronze
Aug 11, 2006

Oops, sorry didn't see this post. Thanks!!

The zoo is honestly very interesting. I took a trip to the zoo to write this article and I was amazed at just how close you can get to some of these animals without much separation. Probably not the safest, but a totally different experience.

It's best too appreciate and not compare. Either way, I'm sure you'll have a good time...

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
i agree, the zoo is well worth a visit. much more interesting than London zoo. we went there last christmas accompanied by a 2 1/2 year old. we all enjoyed it. get a dominican friend to buy your ticket, otherwise you pay double as a foreigner.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
The Zoo

The best part of the zoo was actually the "childrens' zoo at the top of the hill where they let you off the trolley. The zookeepers are really friendly and accommodating and I got a couple pictures with the Cockatiels perched on my arm and shoulders. Yeah, there's garbage and debris in places where they shouldn't be but it's Santo Domingo for Pete's sake.

I also got a bunch of pictures of two guys with the worst job in the World as they were cleaning out the Croc pit with about 23 disinterested residents all around them. This place will bring the "kid" out in anyone.