Puerto Plata Airport (POP) to Santiago by Public Transport

Jun 5, 2004
Hey Guys,
I was wondering how would I go about going from PP Airport to Santiago by Public Transportation. I am thinking of hoping on a cab out of the airport to get to thebus terminal in Puerto Plata. After that take a cab to Santiago where someone can pick me up. My questions are: How much money would it be from the airport to the bus terminal? Which bus should I take Metro? CaribeTours? Other? and how much would the price be? I am trying to end up by the Viva/Codetel Centers...

Thanks in advance...

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
I am not very knowledgable about the best way but if it was me I would take a taxi from the pop airport to the Puerto Plata Metro Bus line and take that to Santiago. It's non-stop. Can't tell you what the taxi would cost, but the Metro is about 160 pesos ( $4.50 ) per person one way. This is the schedule for the Metro for your destination. These are the times the bus exits Puerto Plata. It's about an hour and a half ride. Their a/c is incredibly cold so wear a light jacket or sweater.

6 am, 7 am, 9 am, 11 am, 2 pm, 3 pm, 4 pm, 6:30 pm.
If you arrive after the last bus leaves, maybe Caribe Tours has a later one. I don't have their schedule. I'm sure someone else here can post that info. for you.

Last edited:

rsg

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
It would be cheaper to take a cab to the caribe tours in Sosua. It is closer then going to puerto plata....