Help needed with Codetel plan Control 340

Guna

May 7, 2009
I took a new connection from the codetel and the plan is Claro control 340 two months back. When I took the connection, I had inquired thoroughly and they told me that I need to pay the cost of the phone and one month deposit. They told me that I do not have any other costs and there is no cost of activation. The first bill was normal and I had paid it. In the second bill they had added 1300 pesos as otros, cargas and descuentas. I had inquired in their office and they told me that they had registered reclamaciones and their office will get in touch with me. For the second bill I had paid only the rent actual. No one from their office had called me and in the third bill they had again added 1300 pesos additionally. When I inquired with them this time they told me that I had to pay this amount as this is activation cost. But they do not accept my arguments.
Does anyone knows about the control plans of claro? Do they charge the cost of activation and that too one month rental as cost? Please help me with this? The staffs at the help desk does not speak english and I am having a very tough time with them.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
have no experience with this plan but if you dial 809 220 1111 and hit the asterisk afterwards you will be helped in English...

btw... codetel sucks... so complain, complain, complain... and get compensation in the end

demand that they make a case number...

santiago2008

Apr 24, 2008
I took a new connection from the codetel and the plan is Claro control 340 two months back. When I took the connection, I had inquired thoroughly and they told me that I need to pay the cost of the phone and one month deposit. They told me that I do not have any other costs and there is no cost of activation. The first bill was normal and I had paid it. In the second bill they had added 1300 pesos as otros, cargas and descuentas. I had inquired in their office and they told me that they had registered reclamaciones and their office will get in touch with me. For the second bill I had paid only the rent actual. No one from their office had called me and in the third bill they had again added 1300 pesos additionally. When I inquired with them this time they told me that I had to pay this amount as this is activation cost. But they do not accept my arguments.
Does anyone knows about the control plans of claro? Do they charge the cost of activation and that too one month rental as cost? Please help me with this? The staffs at the help desk does not speak english and I am having a very tough time with them.

Hi GUna

Well , i may help you a lil bit

First...Plan Claro control isnt 340...it is Plan Control 60 minutes which mean you will pay 340 pesos taxes included for 18 months(you signed a contract with codetel for 18 months)

Second....depending on the model of the cellphone it can be free or not with the plan you have..Let me explain to you that they have Claro Plan Control 60-115-180 minutes and they give you a free cellphone depending on the plan you choose ...more minutes plan better cell BUT if you want a better cell with a only 60 mins PLan then you may Pay a diference in the price.

If you want me to check out for you
send me a private messge with your phone number and cell model and i will check for you in the system and then i will tell u if the 1300 extra is for the cellphone u have, because the rent is the same every month, nothing extra

Hope u the idea on how it works

;)

Guna

May 7, 2009
Thank you for your idea. Ok my plan is Control 340. I have 340 minutes talking time per month and some messages free. I have to pay around 1300 Pesos every month.

While I am taking the phone, I had paid about 1250 pesos for the model that I took and I had paid 1300 as deposit of one month. Every thing ok till the first bill and in the second bill they charged 1300 extra. This they are telling me that they had made a mistake in the first bill and it was the cost of acticvation that I had to pay.

santiago2008

Apr 24, 2008
Thank you for your idea. Ok my plan is Control 340. I have 340 minutes talking time per month and some messages free. I have to pay around 1300 Pesos every month.

While I am taking the phone, I had paid about 1250 pesos for the model that I took and I had paid 1300 as deposit of one month. Every thing ok till the first bill and in the second bill they charged 1300 extra. This they are telling me that they had made a mistake in the first bill and it was the cost of acticvation that I had to pay.

Hi again Guna..

To be able to check for you like i said i need your phone number so i can check into the system...send me a private message with it and i will try to help u

Since i know all planes control...you only pay some diference if applicable on the cellphone and first month of rent, nothing else

:)

Feb 7, 2007
OK, this is how it works in the DR:

On your first bill, you receive the charges from the activation date until the bill date, PLUS the charges form the bill date for one month in advance.

So let's say you sign up on the 3rd of December and your bill date (cut off date) is on the 1st of every month. When you sign up, you pay your one month deposit and the price for the phone you selected. The deposit you pay is not a bill - it's a deposit and will be kept while you keep the service and applied towards your final invoice when you cancel. On the 1st of January, you will get invoice for the charges corresponding from 3rd of December until 1st of January, and from 1st of January until the 1st of February. That will be your invoice.