bus schedule from SDQ

sprintrs00

Dec 13, 2009
I've been to so many threads and websites, I can't remember where I found info on bus fares and times from SDQ to Samana area, Las Galeras to be exact. Thanks for the help.

Last edited:

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Caribe Tours to Saman? - Morning departures: 7:00 8:30 10:00; Afternoon departures: 1:30 2:30 4:00. They don't go all the way to LG so you would have to take a guagua, taxi or motoconcho, or arrange to be met in Saman? city.

Caribe Tours C. Por A.

Metro Bus has a couple of departures to Saman? too, at 7am and 3pm but it doesn't mention LG.
Metro Servicios Turisticos

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
I've been to so many threads and websites, I can't remember where I found info on bus fares and times from SDQ to Samana area, Las Galeras to be exact. Thanks for the help.

busses leave the Samana bus station located on Barahona street,right behind Plaza Lama on Duarte,,just about every 1/2 hour all day long until 4pm.,starting at 730am.A bus goes directly to Las Galeras in the am,but do not know exact time...call them at 809-687-1470.
the busses are airconditioned and very comfortable...price is around 300 pesos...
bob

BPL888

Sep 7, 2004
No Busses at SDQ Airport

Just to clarify there are no busses from inside SDQ, the airport. You have to go into Santo Domingo (30-45 minute cab ride) to catch a bus to Samana. I'm not sure if any of them stop near the start of the new highway on the road outside the airport.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
busses leave the Samana bus station located on Barahona street,right behind Plaza Lama on Duarte,,just about every 1/2 hour all day long until 4pm.,starting at 730am.A bus goes directly to Las Galeras in the am,but do not know exact time...call them at 809-687-1470.
the busses are airconditioned and very comfortable...price is around 300 pesos...
bob

these are the local buses.. known as gua guas... you will have to carry you luggage on your lap.... or pay for another seat for your bags and hope that you do not get squished....

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
these are the local buses.. known as gua guas... you will have to carry you luggage on your lap.... or pay for another seat for your bags and hope that you do not get squished....

Actually, I've taken the guagua to LT several times [the route that is basically the same as the one to Samana] from Santo Domingo, and I've never had to carry my luggage on my lap. Either my bag was placed underneath my seat, or it was placed in the front of the guagua along with other luggage directly behind the driver. The guagua is hardly a luxury ride, but it's not bad and, if you're an adventurer and want to get up close and personal with Dominicans, it's an enjoyable experience.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
depends on the time

Actually, I've taken the guagua to LT several times [the route that is basically the same as the one to Samana] from Santo Domingo, and I've never had to carry my luggage on my lap. Either my bag was placed underneath my seat, or it was placed in the front of the guagua along with other luggage directly behind the driver. The guagua is hardly a luxury ride, but it's not bad and, if you're an adventurer and want to get up close and personal with Dominicans, it's an enjoyable experience.

I like the gua gua myself but I HAVE had to sit with my bag in my lap...AND be very squeezed in...

I guess it depends on what time you leave and how many people are on the bus and how many bags... Just warning the OP since she is coming in for a vacation and may have luggage.

Getting on the guagua that goes all the way to las galeras would make it worthwhile

But the entire guagua experience may not be the best one for a novice DR traveler... just trying to give a perspective.

The Caribe Tour buses are first class and very comfortable.

Of course, on Caribe Tours, they rarely break into song, as they are inclined to do on the guaguas!

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
do not know where you got that info,They take care of luggage in back or on seats of the bus...now if you have a ton of luggage,yes you will pay more,but one or 2 bags will not cost you...
bob

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
do not know where you got that info,They take care of luggage in back or on seats of the bus...now if you have a ton of luggage,yes you will pay more,but one or 2 bags will not cost you...
bob

Once again.. I am only reporting WHAT HAPPENED to me... that is where I got the information.. the gua gua was full.. it was a friday

there was no room.. so I could either sit with my backpack on my lap or pay for another seat...