punta cana to santo domingo - best option for turistas?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
my friends are currently in punta cana so we plan to meet in santo domingo (half way, best for all). i will take metro but i do not know about connections between PC and SD.
please help me here, guys.
is there a guagua going directly from PC to SD? if so - where from and where to exactly, how long does it take and how much does it cost?
would it be ok for them to rent a car? if so where and what price to expect?
can they rent a driver for a day? where and how much?
i am looking for dominican prices, of course :)
thank you all!

andy_089

Mar 23, 2003
There is a bus called "Expreso Bavaro", that is leaving from the "Parada Bavaro" every day at 7:00, 10:00 a.m. and 2:00, 4:00 p.m. to Sto. Dgo. directly.

The "Parada Bavaro" is located next to the Politur in Bavaro and the price is RD$ 300.
The bus stops in Santo Domingo first at Parque Enriquillo/Duarte and last at Av. Maximo Gomez, nearby Supermercado Nacional. Duration: 4 hours.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
thank you andy! does the bus leave from the same stop in SD to PC? tickets should be bought in advance or on the spot?
anyone else can confirm that? receptionist in majestic claims there is no direct connection to SD...
also, doe anyone have an idea how much would it cost to hire a driver for a day to take my friends from PC to SD and back and drive us to few places in SD? hotel quoted 200 dollars - seems like a lot of money...