Need HELP; in Santiago airport detained, missed Flight

EL DIEGO2

Dec 15, 2009
hi all,
need your help with what happened to me this morning. I was in Santiago airport checking in for my flight this morning scheduled to leave at 3:46am Jetblue flight 832. After going through immigration and customs w/o problems i proceed to go through security; security was fine but was stopped by 2 agents from DNCD (drug narcotics) who immediately told me they need to scan my stomach and that i would miss my flight; i questioned their reasoning and told them there was no need for them to make me miss my flight and that i needed to report to work in the morning. The lead agent (Alberto Garcia) was disrespectful and was cursing and intimidating me; he made me lose my flight, took me to the local hospital handcuffed, took my carry-on, cell phone, passport away from me. I'm back in Puerto Plata again writing this, scheduled to take the 9:20pm flight this evening (i opted to take this flight instead of the next flight at 6:06am this morning).

An x-ray of my stomach was taken and results came negative (of course) since I did not have drugs inside my stomach or any illegal substance for that matter. After xray was done those agents took me back to airport and wanted me to sign paper saying i was screened by them and was treated respectfully; i did not sign the form since I feel i was mistreated; I was humiliated, disrespected, and abused emotionally and feel my rights were violated.

Erick

GKLSY

Sep 7, 2009
I'm sure you must have been very scared. I have heard so many bad things about law enforcement there that I would feel no safer being taken by the police than by a group of street thugs-and handcuffed too?! You must feel "violated" right now, but hopefully you can get past that eventually and be thankful that nothing more intrusive was done than an Xray. Do you have any idea what made them single you out for such an extreme action?

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
I hope they will not do something just to make you sign the form when you'll go through security tonight.