Chiri, are you kidding me????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camden Tom

Bronze
Dec 1, 2002
Do you have any idea how many folks are out here sweating this situation all day, every day? And you close the only source of info that most of us have? Did the family ASK you to close the thread? This is totally unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
When the family has news they wish to share with us we will re open the thread.

Do you have something new to share?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Yes Tom. I certainly do, because like most others here I'm consumed with worry. But if, as I said, there is the slightest chance that the thread is making things worse rather than better, it is best to keep it closed for now.

Hopefully the family will take concerns like yours into consideration.

Sep 22, 2009
My advice would be to check the papers and news channels for updates (or stop by or call Rocky's). DR1 and its moderators, management and ownership are not in the position to adjudicate via blogs or its forums. It is a business that has the right to filter content as per policy disclosed in its Terms of Service and under the governance of the laws of the Dominican Republic, etc.

ps: please don't ban me!

disclaimer: this is not a statement endorsed by DR1, it is a professional opinion posted by an end-user to a non-paid subscription website.

Camden Tom

Bronze
Dec 1, 2002
When the family has news they wish to share with us we will re open the thread.

Do you have something new to share?

No I don't, and now, neither does anybody else. Closing that thread is profoundly inconsiderate to ALL members of dr1 who actually care about what is going on down there. In addition, do you think possibly that the "people in the know" stopped posting because their posts were being deleted as fast as they were posting them? You can say it was closed in consideration of the family. To that I say BS!!!

I guess we will see how long this thread will last.

Reactions: Tamborista

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
That is an exaggeration, Tom. Posts by family members being deleted as fast as they were posted? Anna and I have worked virtually round the clock to prevent anything that could cause distress from being posted.

Other issues have emerged too and it is better not to let them interfere with the priority which is to find D'Arcy safe and sound and support those who are pursuing this goal.

You could equally say that their decision to stop posting was inconsiderate to DR1 posters, and that was in fact my initial reaction, but I now accept that there are more serious reasons behind this.

My personal choice would be to keep it open for expressions of concerns and good wishes only, and that when there is any CONCRETE information approved by those directly connected to the case it could be posted, but we would need to regain their confidence and it might be even more of a challenge to moderate.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
The thread will stay closed until we have some updated "factual" news.

Unfortunately it turned into bun fight and completely non-substantiated info was being posted. It had to be stopped, as this type of childish behavior does not serve anyone's interest, least of all the search for D'Arcy.

Often posters never get to see this side of moderating or what really goes on behind the scenes.

Thread Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.