Coming Week of Dec 20-25 for adventure, R&R

Status
Not open for further replies.

wldtravel26

Dec 15, 2009
I'm flying down to POP, next week. We planning on staying at the Wyndham Playa Dorada (as its pretty cheap). One of the main reason's we chose DR is adventure stuff, such as rafting, canyoning (waterfalls) and scuba (we're both certified divers).

I've been looking at the weather and see its supposed to rain next week most of the days we'll be there. Just want to get an idea on how the hotel will be if we're stuck with alot of rain. I know the weather can be unpredictable, but when it they say rain, is it normally light showers or all day pouring down. Another main concern is the tours we want to take, I've done lots of adventure stuff in Costa Rica and had awesome guides, where safety was first and was taken seriously. I've read a couple of post that make me leary now about doing these activities in DR. I emailed a tour company about the trip and saying if they had to cancel due to weather, but they seemed like it would go on regardless of the conditions.

Any help or advice you can offer would be a great help as this is our first trip there.
Also we're both vegetarian, so any advice on good places to eat would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Mike

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
the rain in the DR is kind of the same like Costa Rica. i've gone on numerous tours while in the DR but the rain never seems to lasts long. that's why i always take a fold up raincoat or poncho on tours.

wldtravel26

Dec 15, 2009
Thanks for the response Kyle.

Anyone have thoughts or opinions about the hotel. We do plan on eating dinner outside of the resort, but would like to get as much info as I can. Going to book it tomorrow.

Thx

anng3

Bronze
Jan 12, 2007
If you are concerned about the weather than book your tours when you get here.

Status
Not open for further replies.