Where to stay in Sos?a

A

A Michelena

Does anyone suggest a hotel or B&B in Sos?a? I really do not want to stay at a Resort. I have heard that Koch was a nice place. Any ideas?
Thanks,
A Michelena
Portland Maine

A

a

Highly classified question for locals

I will be traveling to Juan Dolio soon and like to smoke marijuana while on holiday. Advice? Available? Penalties? Is it of good quality? Price?? Please answer discreetly. Gracias.

K

Kevin

I think it was a good question.

Hey the guy is just wondering. Damn. I would like to know too.

R

russell

Re: I think it was a good question.

Not a smart idea for the area. Your taking a big risk.

T

trina

RE: Where to stay in Sosua

Eddy has some really nice condos, excellent prices, all include kitchen, swimming pool, and some with cable TV.
eddy@sportsnet.com

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
This is getting like the Internet price question..

If you have a few thousand dollars to burn and are very well connected on the island then you should get a lesser jail term, maybe even some food if your lucky.

Search the archives and you will get all the info you need.

Bottom line... If your dumb enough to smoke pot in the DR as a tourist knowing the risks, then I'm sure your not going to have a problem with "Bubba" being your new best friend in jail.

Rob.

R

Ronald McIntosh

Re: Highly classified question for locals

I have been to Dr 6 times and have never seen any pot. This is not Jamaica. I wouldnt approach anyone on the subject. Just enjoy the beer and Rum

G

Gunnar

Don't even think of it!!!

Apart from the legal side, which is VERY tough here,
the penalty for smoking pot (regardless of where) is
severe brain injury, impotence, and heart/circulation
conditions.

Skip the shit, or at least don't pester our nice country with
such! Stick to NW Miami, you can smoke crack in Wahlgreens if
you like, noone will notice!

J

John

Re: This is getting like the Internet price questi

rob,you forgot to mention to him that he should warn his freinds that he has pot on him because when the cops pick him up if their around him, they go to jail to.thats the bad news they will be out in only about six months,thats the good news.

E

ECH, M.D.

Ah yes, Rob you did forget that. If your friends are illegal drug users and you are in their company or they are in your house and get busted, you are considered just as guilty as they are.....classic guilt by association. I once had a very prominent government official tell me when I arrived years ago that if I get into any kind of trouble to call him. He can get me out of any problem UNLESS IT IS DRUG RELATED then it is good-bye Charlie. I have several horror stories on the subject but suffice it to say there is zero tolerance for drugs in the DR. It is here, but the price one pays for getting caught is not worth it.

E

Eddy

I want out

Thanks Trina. But get me out of this "Dopey" thread. Better one below.

S

sandra

If you are refering to Koche's in Sosua. then I would do that. It is owned by one of the original Jewish families that setteled in Sosua. You will be right in town , but on the outskirts..of the old town....far better than a hotel...go to the only musuem and synague in the area and will learn all abut the jewish families coming from germany to escape..and settle here. ..
You will be close to everthing...beach etc.
have a wonderful time.

R

roli

Re: I think it was a good question.

Smoking Illegal drugs in DR is VERY illegal...
and the risk of being caught and arrested are very HIGH!!!
and I don't mean from the smoke....
PS if your importing it and get caught at the airport..
think of the great vacation you will have behind bars....
roli

F

florence

Beautiful apartment between Sosua and Cabarete for rent.
60 square meters; cable-TV; room maid; swimming pool surrounded by a tropical garden; 80m to the private sandy beach; very secure and quiet.
If wanted we send nearer information and pictures.
Weekly price: 200 US$
Price: 500 US$ monthly (more than three months rental)
Including airport-transfer (Airport Puerto Plata)
Tel/Fax: 001-809-571-3377
e-mail: eckhard.stuc@codetel.net.do

G

Gunnar

(See earlier post as well)
Still maintain that the big penalty for drug abuse is permanent
brain-damage. The "highly classified..." original post have
so far done very little to change my mind...(LOL)

B

brian

Smoke marijauna in the D.R.? Are you crazy man! They catch you with dope and your butt will hauled to rot in a Dominican jail. You will have an incredibly hard time getting out of jail. There is no jury trial for getting caught with drugs. You will be sentenced before a judge to many months in jail. Think again my friend.

A

alyssa

It is an extremely bad idea to be caught here with any drugs at all. Unless you want an extended holiday here--in a lovely dominican prison. Keep in mind, prisons here make canadian (or american) jails look like club med... No innocent until proven guilty, either. You get to wait out your time to trial (up to 8 months) in jail. The laws of your country (looking the other way, etc) hold no weight here, and your consul can do little for you other than ensure that you are treated no differently than a dominican in the same situation would be. Don't be a fool, smoke your dope at home!

T

Tony

I would strongly suggest you consider vacationing in another country since that appears to be your primary concern.
The Dominican authorities do not tolerate drug use at all,you will definately be gambling with your life,takes lots of money when you go,as you will need it for lawyers and to pave your way through the criminal system,not that you'll be getting out any time soon. You'll be facing a minimum of five years if your lucky in one of there finest prisons.
GOOD LUCK!!!