DR gets abused in Wikipedia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vacara

I love AZB!
May 5, 2009
In Wikipedia, in an article about racism there's a section about State Sponsored Racism where Dominican Republic gets mentioned with flying colors.

Here's a screenshot:

Fullscreen%20capture%2012162009%2075011%20AM.jpg

I know there's some level of racism involved in the treatment of Haitians in DR, but to suggest that it played an important role in the creation of our national identity, without mention of languages/cultural differences, or the violent past bet. the two nations, or to try to showcase DR as an "apartheid" state, that is beyond ridiculous.

Note, this is not an article about Dominican Rep., but rather about "Racism".

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Take the source for what it is...

Wikipedia is self-described as:

"Welcome to Wikipedia,
the free encyclopedia that anyone can edit.
3,126,221 articles in English"

In other words there are no controls on what you find. No controls = limited credibility, in my books.

Just one man's opinion.

Gregg

Vacara

I love AZB!
May 5, 2009
Take the source for what it is...

Wikipedia is self-described as:

"Welcome to Wikipedia,
the free encyclopedia that anyone can edit.
3,126,221 articles in English"

In other words there are no controls on what you find. No controls = limited credibility, in my books.

Just one man's opinion.

Gregg

I understand that, and that's the reason why 73% of college teachers prohibits their students from using Wikipedia, that's also the reason why access to that website has been blocked in many libraries, colleges and even entire counties.

Some time ago there's even an attempt to ban the use of Wikipedia as a source for assignments in public shools & varsities in the state of Pennsylvania, but still is worrisome that a website that is used by 90% of all college students in the US refers to DR as an apartheid state.

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
Note, this is not an article about Dominican Rep., but rather about "Racism".

And on that note thread closed.

We don't do race issues well here on DR1. People get too excited and threads like these end up becoming quite a mess with name calling and all kinds of insults.:ermm::ermm::ermm:

If you need more clarification please PM me.

El Tigre de DR1

Status
Not open for further replies.