In Defence of Sandi and Curt

Mack

Jan 10, 2009
In the Sticky MIA!!!! Apostropeman reference was made to an article in the Hamilton Spectator. TheSpec.com - Local - Hamilton man goes missing in paradise
From the first hand information I have it was generally accurate and well written except for, in my opinion this quote.
The accounting was overwhelming, and although the former owners promised to help with the transition, they didn't.
This bothers me because when I read it I thought, this is not the Sandi and Curt I know. Sandi's company managed our condominium and she and Curt are the most helpfull people imaginable. That company was Sandi's baby. Every part of that company's business could be accessed by Sandi online and knowing her she would have given D'Arcy any help he needed from anywhere in the world provided she was connected. Possibly there was a time when her and Curt were in Panama pursuing their new dream and out of communication. That could be the only reason "they didn't" help.
Make no mistake I want nothing more than D'Arcy to be found alive and well but I don't want as a result of an inaccurate quote from the Hamilton Spectator article Sandi and Curt to be thought of in any other way than the wonderful people they both are.
Mack.

Mar 2, 2008
I know Curt and Sandi, and they are good people. They have always been fair and honest with me, and that is the only thing I can go on, and the same goes for everyone I know and associate with.

I do not know of the business arrangement between D'Arcy and Curt and Sandi, but I do know that, overall, he was happy with the deal he had made with them. He told me as much, face-to-face. Anything more than that, and anything that happened subsequent to the initial arrangement, I have no personal knowledge of.

I truly believe that everyone involved just wants D'Arcy to be found. This has been a heart-wrenching experience for all of us, and certainly Curt and Sandi have been through a lot. They are as devastated by this as any of us are, and I know they will continue to do whatever they can to facilitate the finding of D'Arcy.

Everything is pure speculation at this time, and the speculation serves no purpose but to obscure the basic concern of all of us, which is finding D'Arcy.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
The quote was just not the reality of the situation and obviously made by someone that had zero first hand knowledge of what was going on or how Sandi and Curt operate.

They are devastated by the disappearance of D'Arcy, he was a great friend and very close to them. It's been a nightmare coming back from Panama into the middle of all this. Dealing with the police, family, business and worst of all, the gossip and BS, which is typical behavior of some expats with too much time on their hands.

We are all hoping and praying that D'Arcy is found and that's what everyone should be focusing on, finding D'Arcy.

Mar 2, 2008
The the Hamilton Spectator is a very reputable paper, and for the most part the article in question was accurate and well-written.

Cheap shots directed at the source do not enhance the position of Curt and Sandi in any way. The people who have known them for years will have to reach their own conclusions.

I want to make it clear my support of Curt and Sandi should not be seen as a criticism of the Hamilton Spectator, nor of the content of the article in question.

I also want to make abundantly clear that these side issues do not contribute in any way to finding D'Arcy, and that is the thing we should all be focused on at this time.