Codetel Modem.............

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
........does anyone know why when I do an "internet" test on my modem...........

I get the following:

OK Connectivity to Gateway (172.16.32.1)
X Failed Connectivity to DNS Server 1 (196.3.81.5)
X Failed Connectivity to DNS Server 2 (200.88.127.22)

The above errors were not just one time.........it has been all day and everytime I try....

I am having problems with my internet cameras so I started to troubleshoot. I called Codetel and they said I have a "problem with the line" . When I try to connect to my internet cameras, I get "server stopped responding".......

I asked why am I getting DNS errors, but still able to connect to the internet. He said "he couldn't tell me why" but I have a problem.

Does this make sense to any of you tech savvy guys or gals?........... I can still use the internet !!!!!!..........so WHAT COULD MY PROBLEM BE?

.......in the meantime he said that he was taking a report and that my problem had to go to a supervisor..........and that it would be fixed by tomorrow.........

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
Your computer is not getting out to the internet at all, the only connection that worked was the private one, no connectivity to any of the publics IP (DNS). I think the ball is Codetel's hand, they have to fix it before you try anything else.

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
Thanks for the response...........

Your computer is not getting out to the internet at all, the only connection that worked was the private one, no connectivity to any of the publics IP (DNS). I think the ball is Codetel's hand, they have to fix it before you try anything else.

.........BUT how can that be..............

I posted my problem, and am reading your response and replying now..........ON THE INTERNET!

...........and have no problem accessing any websites...........

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
MMM interesting, how are these internet cameras connected to the internet?? via WIFI? or they have cables connected to a switch??

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
Wifi..........

MMM interesting, how are these internet cameras connected to the internet?? via WIFI? or they have cables connected to a switch??

.........they have IP addresses................

I have them at other locations too and they work fine...........I have the same routers at all locations, so I am sure that I have them set up correctly..........PLUS they were working before.............

........my modem is somehow blocking access, but it is not programed to block access, when in fact it is programmed to allow all internet connections..........the only thing that is different ........is the DNS failures when testing the internet connection option on the modem..........

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
Of first thing to, restart your modem, unplug it, leave it 10 seconds unplugged and then plug it back, then test it. Another question, do you have OpenDNS running in your pc?? Maybe Codetel's DNS failed but if you are using a different DNS service you wouldn't notice it thus being able to connect to the internet.