Fermented Black Beans = Lobster Sauce!

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
you know you should never trust the chinese!!!

In a real lobster sauce the stock is made from the shells, and the claws from lobster... to make the stock you add carrots, onions, leaks, and cellery... some white wine...,of course pepper and salt, and some other herbs...

and this is the base of your lobster sauce...

anybody interested in a real nice, smooth dip to go with cold lobster... pm me... whahahahaha

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
you know you should never trust the chinese!!!

In a real lobster sauce the stock is made from the shells, and the claws from lobster... to make the stock you add carrots, onions, leaks, and cellery... some white wine...,of course pepper and salt, and some other herbs...

and this is the base of your lobster sauce...

anybody interested in a real nice, smooth dip to go with cold lobster... pm me... whahahahaha

I agree that is a nice recipe for lobster stock which will make a great bisque.

The recipe I am talking about is different in that it has ground pork as well and is very delicious.

Most chinese restaurants make a lousy lobster sauce but if you try the recipe I am suggesting you will be surprised.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
I've read the recipe, and am sure it will make a very good chinese lobster sauce...

when I first read the post, I had something like what the h*ll... please accept my apologies...

nevertheless lobster-sauce should be made with lobster... ha... in my opinion... hence the reason I was asking for live lobster in the DR...

I would die for a good live lobster right now in the festivities ahead...

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
I've read the recipe, and am sure it will make a very good chinese lobster sauce...

when I first read the post, I had something like what the h*ll... please accept my apologies...

nevertheless lobster-sauce should be made with lobster... ha... in my opinion... hence the reason I was asking for live lobster in the DR...

I would die for a good live lobster right now in the festivities ahead...

Live lobster is a little harder to find here.

Once they are plucked from the sea they freeze them whole without any plastic wrap and you have to be careful how long they have been in the freezer this way as I bought a couple in Charamicos and I had to throw them away.

You can buy them in cabarete next to janet's super mecado in the basement of the lawyers office.

TOOBER_SDQ

Bronze
Nov 19, 2008
Live lobster is a little harder to find here.

Once they are plucked from the sea they freeze them whole without any plastic wrap and you have to be careful how long they have been in the freezer this way as I bought a couple in Charamicos and I had to throw them away.

You can buy them in cabarete next to janet's super mecado in the basement of the lawyers office.

If you live close to Santo Domingo, they're a bit easier to find, and they're very fresh (live).

Drive along Las Americas as if you were headed towards the airport. Keep your eyes peeled towards the right hand side for men selling huge lobsters roadside. Smaller labters are also available.

If you reached the toll without seeing them then you went too far. They do not work on Sunday.

There is no lobster stand, just a couple of guys holding the lobsters in their hands on the side of the road.

Be sure to haggle with them, as they will try to sell you the lobsters at restaurant prices $$$.

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
You guys just peaked my taste buds. I had forgotten I used to make the greatest lobster bisque soup you ever tasted. And I would make it chuck full of lobster meat.
I haven't made it in 7 years and totally forgot about it until this thread.
TODAY IS THE DAY FOR LOBSTER BISQUE SOUP....BON APPETIT

TOOBER_SDQ

Bronze
Nov 19, 2008
I see these guys all the time but wondered if the lobsters are safe to eat and how much would they cost.

Well, I'm not dead yet from eating them.

These are the Spiny Lobster type without very big claws and a huge tail.

Last time I stopped to buy I think I paid a little over 2000 RD for 2 massive lobsters and 8-12 small ones. They asked for 4000 RD from the start. ;)

I drove them to Juan Dolio, found a kitchen on the beach road that would cook 'em up and had a nice dinner on the beach.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
Well, I'm not dead yet from eating them.

These are the Spiny Lobster type without very big claws and a huge tail.

Last time I stopped to buy I think I paid a little over 2000 RD for 2 massive lobsters and 8-12 small ones. They asked for 4000 RD from the start. ;)

I drove them to Juan Dolio, found a kitchen on the beach road that would cook 'em up and had a nice dinner on the beach.

so you paid 2000rds for all those lobsters???? wow.... I'm starting up the car right now... lol

btw... I would love the recipe for that bisque... in return I will give the recipe for homard belle-vue and great whiskeysauce...

TOOBER_SDQ

Bronze
Nov 19, 2008
I knew I had some pictures.

The big ones.
big-lobsters1.jpg

big-lobsters-2.jpg

The small ones
small-lobsters.jpg

There is some certain talent in Juan Dolio when it comes to preparing Lobsters.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
I knew I had some pictures.

The big ones.
big-lobsters1.jpg

big-lobsters-2.jpg

The small ones
small-lobsters.jpg

There is some certain talent in Juan Dolio when it comes to preparing Lobsters.

Ahh......................................................HEAVEN!!!!!!!!!

City Island here I come. oh wait, we got pounded with snow :(

Reactions: Tamborista