Emergency!!! Sort of!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRNED

Oct 28, 2009
Can anyone give directions to an English speaking salon or barber, or both? This would be cool if I could get a reply today of by monday at latest. We are off Abe Lincoln Ave in Santo Domingo. The closer the better but we will travel to find someone who understands different hair types besides the norm here.

Thankyou!

Sep 22, 2009
Can anyone give directions to an English speaking salon or barber, or both? This would be cool if I could get a reply today of by monday at latest. We are off Abe Lincoln Ave in Santo Domingo. The closer the better but we will travel to find someone who understands different hair types besides the norm here.

Thankyou!

I just go in to the ghetto, find a hole in the wall with one chair and some bachata playing, and say: "gimme the Daddy Yankee". 100 pesos. There are some things that money can't buy.

(there used to be a decent shop on the 2nd floor in Bella Vista mall) Seemed like an International crowd, but I always spoke Castellano.

Bryanell

Bronze
Aug 9, 2005

Thankyou!

Try at Nolasko's or Nolasco's (They spell it both ways themselves) - Plaza Central corner of Churchill and 27 febrero. Its on the second floor opposite the entrance from the multistorey car park - Telephone 809 412 0450
Call and ask for someone who speaks English, some, but not all of the stylists can speak reasonable English.....enough to get your hair cut anyway.....
Bryan

DRNED

Oct 28, 2009
Hairtypes. Domincan hair seems to be different. I had mine done in a salon, I had it straightened and a tint put in and they ruined my hair. Dried it out and so snaps if I don?t condition every day. The chemicals they use might be fine on Dominican hair, but my precious European hair isn?t able to handle it.
My fella went into a barber on the street and he told them what he wanted. The barber then pointed to the wall at a bunch of Baseball players in a photo and asked him which one he wanted. Well none of them he said, I want the back graduated and the front tapered to the left. The barber thenproceeded to cut his hair with clippers, completely with clippers. Hence once he washed his hair he found it all to be different lengths and quite radical for a sufy dude but really not cool for him. So again, Dominican hair must be very different when it comes to cutting and styling.

Sep 22, 2009
Hairtypes. Domincan hair seems to be different. I had mine done in a salon, I had it straightened and a tint put in and they ruined my hair. Dried it out and so snaps if I don?t condition every day. The chemicals they use might be fine on Dominican hair, but my precious European hair isn?t able to handle it.
My fella went into a barber on the street and he told them what he wanted. The barber then pointed to the wall at a bunch of Baseball players in a photo and asked him which one he wanted. Well none of them he said, I want the back graduated and the front tapered to the left. The barber thenproceeded to cut his hair with clippers, completely with clippers. Hence once he washed his hair he found it all to be different lengths and quite radical for a sufy dude but really not cool for him. So again, Dominican hair must be very different when it comes to cutting and styling.

heading south fast danger danger

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
I had my wife cut mine from long to short, and it looked very nice and was very cool...

Now it started to grow again and I look like an abused hedgehog...:ermm:

Damn... if she reads this I have to sleep with the dogs again, and they always steal my blanket...:paranoid:

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004

Thankyou!

Keiths in Santo Domingo. Salon an Barber. He is american

Assume he is still there as the sign is still up.

2 blocks before you get to Gomez from Lincoln left off Independencia don't remember is the street is 1way or not.

POPNYChic

Bronze
Jul 27, 2009
lol dominicans have every hair type imaginable and probably a few you didnt even know existed. unless you are from mars, you dont have any kind of hair our stylists havent seen or dont know how to deal with. what you are referring to is your issue with the STYLE of cutting--nothing to do with hairtype.

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009

May I suggest shaving all of that Shhit off? Why cling to your vanity? Let it all hang out! Give yourself a Mr.T...I pity the fool with a full head of hair. Or you can come to El Encuento and buy yourself a Flo-Bee and a vacuum cleaner and give yourself your own custom edge up. Thats what I do if I were you.

rsg

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
I know a great place in puerto plata for the great european hair of yours..Oh no, thats right, puerto plata sucks...how about a nice place in Sosua?I am sure if they keep all those dangerous hookers and criminals that you talk about, looking good, I'M sure they can handle your grade A European locks...

Reidy620

Bronze
Mar 30, 2008
www.casaellie.com
I know a great place in puerto plata for the great european hair of yours..Oh no, thats right, puerto plata sucks...how about a nice place in Sosua?I am sure if they keep all those dangerous hookers and criminals that you talk about, looking good, I'M sure they can handle your grade A European locks...

Hear hear!!

Mar 2, 2008
Very informative post, rsg. Bravo!!

I'm sure her "fella" will appreciate the happy endings available in Sosua. He probably hasn't seen any happy endings since his hair became an embarrassment.

It's all good.

Just a thought.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
they do like to use paint-strippers as hairdryers. Fortunately most male barbers dont bother with the dryer

Mar 2, 2008
But Bob, I have plenty of hair, I simply choose to shave it.

Perhaps you know something I don't, but please do not presume to describe my hair. That is really crossing the line.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
But Bob, I have plenty of hair, I simply choose to shave it.

Perhaps you know something I don't, but please do not presume to describe my hair. That is really crossing the line.

That's true, perhaps you feel you look better without hair, as far as that goes what make you think I was talking about you. Pretty big ego you've got there.

Status
Not open for further replies.