Eye doctor emergency in Sosua

alanamarie

Dec 11, 2007
My husband got acid in his eye. Where is the best place to take him?
Many thanks for your help.

DRNED

Oct 28, 2009
Wow, Acid in his eye and you are taking time to log onto DR1?? What kind of acid was it?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
If serious: Dr. {Pedro Guzman, Clinica Corominas, forthwith,,,
Santiago...

HB

alanamarie

Dec 11, 2007
I'm not totally heartless

...but we'd already flushed it with water, and he doesn't even want to see a doctor.
It was a bit of corrosive material and battery acid.
Thanks for the info. I would like him to have it checked out.

DRNED

Oct 28, 2009
I?d say it is best to get it checked out. I was blinded in one eye some years ago after I got paint in my eye and flushed it myself and thought nothing of it as I could handle a little pain for a day or three. On the 4th day I woke up and couldn?t see, I went direct to the hospital and after 3 weeks was seeing fine again but freightening. Might be best to get it professionally flushed.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
good god

Dont talk to him about it. Just get him in the car and drive to the new hospital. For a few pesos you know what is or is not going on.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
This is a serious matter, get him medical help. Even with a flush there may be some damage not observed. Take into consideration this tropical environment, there may be some pathogens your husband may not have built up an immunity against, he is open to infection. A damaged eye however minor it may seem to him needs a professional exam, and you need peace of mind.

Regards,
PJT

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
...but we'd already flushed it with water, and he doesn't even want to see a doctor.
It was a bit of corrosive material and battery acid.
Thanks for the info. I would like him to have it checked out.

I'm an optometrist by training... and I can only advice you to see a good ophtalmologist as quickly as possible... without wanting to frighten you... acid can cause opaqueness of the cornea, due to burning and infection, and cause highly diminished view by the affected eye, as well as severe night blindness (fyi... the lens in the eye is worth 14 diopters, the cornea 46...), so get it checked (should have been done in the first few hours, to be honest)