Can You get DR TV in the UK?

Freemo

May 26, 2003
Well first of all you'll all be thinking 'who on earth would want DR TV programmes or channels in the UK?'

My wife would feel right at home when in the UK if she could watch the various very high quality (tonge in cheek intended) Dominican programmes she watches for hours on end while in Santo Domingo. We can get Spanish channels from Spain but there aren't many of those manic, crazy programmes the Dominicans so love. One of the better ones I can even manage to watch is Caso Cerado, I think thats the correct spelling.

I've tried whats available on the web 'internet TV' transmissions from the DR,
but they seem to be absolute rubbish, just pre-recorded loops that last for a few minutes before repeating.

No, what I want to know is do you think it would be possible to access the channels via a dish and receiver -

Cheers Paul

mrchris74

Mar 14, 2006
In the states the satellite services like direct tv offer spanish packages which include Television Dominicana. Don't know about the UK but, Caso Cerrado is actually on Telemundo (from Miami). You should at least be able to get that one...

Feb 7, 2007
When it works :

Canal 5 - Telemicro: mms://66.128.53.146/TELEMICRO
Digital 15: mms://66.128.53.146/DIGITAL15
Colorvision: Color Visi?n, Canal 9 de televisi?n, Rep?blica Dominicana (yes, you can watch Nuria on Saturdays!)
Domiradio: Emisoras de Radio y Televisi?n Dominicana - Domiradio Networks - Here you can watch many local TV stations from across the DR, so you can get your daily dose of motoconcho accidents and "se robo el salami en colmado" news
Telemundo Puerto Rico: TELEMUNDOPR on Justin.tv
Telemundo Miami (East): Telemundo on Justin.tv
CDN: http://www.dominisys.com/cdn/cdn1.asx
CDN 2: http://www.dominisys.com/cdn/cdn2.asx
Canal 13- Telecentro: mms://190.0.64.72:8080

Note: For the "mms://" links, just copy and paste into your browser or open link in Windows Media Player.

Last edited:

Freemo

May 26, 2003
Telemundo would do nicely

In the states the satellite services like direct tv offer spanish packages which include Television Dominicana. Don't know about the UK but, Caso Cerrado is actually on Telemundo (from Miami). You should at least be able to get that one...

As long as she gets her Caso Cerado she'll be delighted LOL

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
Streaming is definitely your best bet...

Satellite uplinking TV from most of the Western Hemisphere to most of Europe required a relay link. There's a lot of "wild feed" traffic using these relays but not much continuous programming. The internet streaming of satellite feed networks is your best bet:

TV from Dominican Republic - LyngSat Stream

Feb 7, 2007
Also, if your wife likes Colombian novelas (e.g. to the style of: El Cartel, Sin Senos No Hay Paraiso, Victorinos , etc.) she might like these three new Colombian novelas:
(online)

El Capo: Tu Canal Tv Online | El Capo Novela Colombiana (screenplay by Gustavo Bolivar) -- very good, the most expensive TV series in Colombia so far, better than El Cartel!!
Las Munecas de la Mafia (continuation of El Cartel): Tu Canal Tv Online | Las Mu?ecas De La Mafia
Pandilla Guerra y Paz: Tu Canal Tv Online | Pandillas Guerra & Paz (screenplay by Gustavo Bolivar)

... Merry Christmas watching all this TV!

SteveS

Apr 15, 2008
but they seem to be absolute rubbish, just pre-recorded loops that last for a few minutes before repeating.

That is Dominican TV isn't it?

And as for Caso Cerrado with Dra. Ana whatsit, don't get me started on having to sit through that an hour a day.......

Sincerely,

Brit in SD who'd be happy to have a GREAT excuse to not have Dominican TV.