Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Can You get DR TV in the UK?

Well first of all you'll all be thinking 'who on earth would want DR TV programmes or channels in the UK?'

My wife would feel right at home when in the UK if she could watch the various very high quality (tonge in cheek intended) Dominican programmes she watches for hours on end while in Santo Domingo. We can get Spanish channels from Spain but there aren't many of those manic, crazy programmes the Dominicans so love. One of the better ones I can even manage to watch is Caso Cerado, I think thats the correct spelling.

I've tried whats available on the web 'internet TV' transmissions from the DR,
    but they seem to be absolute rubbish, just pre-recorded loops that last for a few minutes before repeating.

No, what I want to know is do you think it would be possible to access the channels via a dish and receiver -

Cheers Paul

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

In the states the satellite services like direct tv offer spanish packages which include Television Dominicana. Don't know about the UK but, Caso Cerrado is actually on Telemundo (from Miami). You should at least be able to get that one...

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

When it works :

Canal 5 - Telemicro: mms://66.128.53.146/TELEMICRO
    Digital 15: mms://66.128.53.146/DIGITAL15
    Colorvision: Color Visión, Canal 9 de televisión, República Dominicana (yes, you can watch Nuria on Saturdays!)
    Domiradio: Emisoras de Radio y Televisión Dominicana - Domiradio Networks - Here you can watch many local TV stations from across the DR, so you can get your daily dose of motoconcho accidents and "se robo el salami en colmado" news
    Telemundo Puerto Rico: TELEMUNDOPR on Justin.tv
    Telemundo Miami (East): Telemundo on Justin.tv
    CDN: http://www.dominisys.com/cdn/cdn1.asx
    CDN 2: http://www.dominisys.com/cdn/cdn2.asx
    Canal 13- Telecentro: mms://190.0.64.72:8080

Note: For the "mms://" links, just copy and paste into your browser or open link in Windows Media Player.
    Last edited by rubio_higuey; 12-22-2009 at 02:15 PM.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Telemundo would do nicely

Quote Originally Posted by mrchris74 View Post
    In the states the satellite services like direct tv offer spanish packages which include Television Dominicana. Don't know about the UK but, Caso Cerrado is actually on Telemundo (from Miami). You should at least be able to get that one...

As long as she gets her Caso Cerado she'll be delighted LOL

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Freemo View Post
    As long as she gets her Caso Cerado she'll be delighted LOL
    Caso Cerrado is produced by Telemundo, you can watch in on Telemundo links I posted. It's on both Telemundo (Miami) USA continental and Telemundo PR, check listings at Mainsite | Telemundo and -TelemundoPR.com

another Telemundo (East) stream link: TELEMUNDO on Justin.tv

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Streaming is definitely your best bet...

Satellite uplinking TV from most of the Western Hemisphere to most of Europe required a relay link. There's a lot of "wild feed" traffic using these relays but not much continuous programming. The internet streaming of satellite feed networks is your best bet:

TV from Dominican Republic - LyngSat Stream

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Also, if your wife likes Colombian novelas (e.g. to the style of: El Cartel, Sin Senos No Hay Paraiso, Victorinos , etc.) she might like these three new Colombian novelas:
    (online)

El Capo: Tu Canal Tv Online | El Capo Novela Colombiana (screenplay by Gustavo Bolivar) -- very good, the most expensive TV series in Colombia so far, better than El Cartel!!
    Las Munecas de la Mafia (continuation of El Cartel): Tu Canal Tv Online | Las Muñecas De La Mafia
    Pandilla Guerra y Paz: Tu Canal Tv Online | Pandillas Guerra & Paz (screenplay by Gustavo Bolivar)

... Merry Christmas watching all this TV!

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

What on earth did we do before TV? Actually I do remember! LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Freemo View Post
    but they seem to be absolute rubbish, just pre-recorded loops that last for a few minutes before repeating.
    That is Dominican TV isn't it?

And as for Caso Cerrado with Dra. Ana whatsit, don't get me started on having to sit through that an hour a day.......

Sincerely,

Brit in SD who'd be happy to have a GREAT excuse to not have Dominican TV.